Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dual Monitor Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I know that this has been posted (many times) before, and probably solved. But I can't seem to find a solution for me. A link to a previous post would be great.

My setup:

* Linux Fedora 12
* ATI Radeon X1550 (dual outputs: VGA and DVI-D
* Monitor 0 standard CRT, connected to VGA port
* Monitor 1 HDTV connected to DVI-D port
* Extended desktop, with CRT on left, HDTV on right

All runs okay for other apps. I can drag a window to the HDTV screen, and switch it to full screen mode (if it has one) and it appears full screen on the HDTV.

But if I run XBMC full screen, it centers itself on the full desktop, splitting between the two screens. If I set the environment variable SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=1 before running XBMC, then I get it full screen on the CRT, and I can't get it onto the HDTV screen - although if I run in window mode, I can still drag it to that screen. But, again, when I switch it to full screen, it appears on the CRT.

As I said I can play videos with other apps (such as smplayer) fine. Drag the window to the HDTV screen, then switch it to full screen and it shows up full screen only on the HDTV.

Please help!

ken
Bump
Bump
Bump, I have this issue too. Did you ever find a solution?

FYI I am ubuntu 11.10, with ATI video card.