Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SHOUTcast (Plugin) Music Addon support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I have just updated the plugin, it now uses the ShoutcastTM API to retrieve genres, subgenres, stations and stream information.

p.s.: I noticed that in some skins (Aeon Nox) the text entries are blank. I suspect it has to do something with the encoding of the file.
Although it's UTF-8 encoded it should be fine.

If you experience this, try switching to another skin.
**UPDATE**: Blank entries in menu items list should be fixed now
I'm running a pre-Eden version of OpenElec. Should I be running a different version than 3.7? It doesn't seem to be installing properly on my build. Huh
Ahh... I'm sorry but I believe you are talking about the shoutcast plugin that's in the official XBMC repo.

My plugin is not available through the official repo, i have an un-official repo available here: http://izexbmcaddons.googlecode.com/file...addons.zip

-iZE
Thanks izenl, got it working in a snap. Sorry about the misleading question, I was referring to something else that was totally unnecessary.

A couple quick items:
1. are you able to add in a bookmarks link within the plugin? If not, I'll use Favourites.
2. For some reason the search for station name is not yielding any results. I was able to find what I wanted using the tag search. Not sure if anyone else had this problem.

Nice job. I was really missing Shoutcast on XBMC until now. btw, I encourage everyone to listen to LEMIXX. Cool
izenl Wrote:Ahh... I'm sorry but I believe you are talking about the shoutcast plugin that's in the official XBMC repo.

My plugin is not available through the official repo, i have an un-official repo available here: http://izexbmcaddons.googlecode.com/file...addons.zip

-iZE

Does you plugin/or shoutcast in general support album cover art?
vijayk416 Wrote:Thanks izenl, got it working in a snap. Sorry about the misleading question, I was referring to something else that was totally unnecessary.

A couple quick items:
1. are you able to add in a bookmarks link within the plugin? If not, I'll use Favourites.
2. For some reason the search for station name is not yielding any results. I was able to find what I wanted using the tag search. Not sure if anyone else had this problem.

Nice job. I was really missing Shoutcast on XBMC until now. btw, I encourage everyone to listen to LEMIXX. Cool

I'll look into those, thanks for the feedback!
Walter Sobchak Wrote:Does you plugin/or shoutcast in general support album cover art?

Nope.
Running a pre-eden nightly now, but the (official) plugin is not listed, the last time I saw it, it mentioned something like "broken due to api changes", is this a known issue at this moment? Or is there not shoutcast anymore?

cheers

jiq
Today shoutcast plugin from IZE gave me only 2 radio station (genre drum'n'bass). Is something wrong again? Or another gift from "shoutcast"?
Just noticed, if i select genre dance, this gives me 2 'pages' of stations, but if i use the shoutcast plugin on Navi-x, it gives me 1700+ dance station!,How Come??
Thanks
Is this a dead end? No shoutcast support anymore? Izenls plugin doesn't list any stations for me...

are there other ways to play shoutcast broadcasts?
here Jiquera, try this for your shoutcast stuff, should be good for you!!
http://website.navi-x.org/downloads.html
w00t! Somehow iZE plugin started working just now Big Grin however it still has some weird behavior... is it still being developed? if not can I take over? (is it opensource)
Shoutcast through the Navi-X Portal thing is working great for me.

Had used it before through there but forgot about it, cheers falafael
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10