Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Optimized Aeon or Derivative for 10.0X ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, I have been using the latest SVN with the default skin (confluence) and it rocks! No slowdowns or anything. When I use Aeon65 it is slow going eteween menu items and from one page to another. I suspect it's because it's not optimized for 10.0X.

Does anyone have or know of an Aeon derivative that is as fast as confluence, or is it a pipe dream due the makeup of Aeon ? Would one of the skinning gurus EKIM232 or Phil65 like to chime in with your take? It'll be greatly appreciated!
I'm trying to patch aeon65 to make it work on 10.x So far I did not achieved a lot, the addon.xml file and a patch to make subtitle button working.

If there some people who have patches please send them to me.

Code:
git clone -b pix65  git://github.com/pix/aeon.git
pixdamix Wrote:I'm trying to patch aeon65 to make it work on 10.x So far I did not achieved a lot, the addon.xml file and a patch to make subtitle button working.

If there some people who have patches please send them to me.

Code:
git clone -b pix65  git://github.com/pix/aeon.git

Well done! Nice to see at least someone keeping the Aeon65 project alive, it would be a shame to see such a nice skin (the best imo) dissapear because no one wants to keep it updated...
I still don't have any ideas of what causing these slowdowns.
Slowdowns of what? the progress of the original aeon65 project?

Edit: oh wait, you meant the slowdowns mentioned in the first post...it seems that aeon65 is just more graphic intense, as it has never been working 'fast' for me. It's pretty weird other beautiful skins are amazingly fast though...someone should redo the whole aeon skin I think.
^^ Thats actually a good idea. I wish I had some skinning experience Sad

Anyone up for a challenge?
@chanders:
chanders Wrote:I wish I had some skinning experience Sad

Great philosopher Wrote:Practice makes perfect
^^ good 1, I'll give it a go. Whats the worst that can happen..
chanders Wrote:^^ good 1, I'll give it a go. Whats the worst that can happen..

Well, if it works out you can be the hero of everyone here, that's for sure Smile
chanders Wrote:^^ good 1, I'll give it a go. Whats the worst that can happen..

Any updates?
coendeurloo Wrote:Any updates?

You can try this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76839

Works good enough for me™, you can try this to speedup fanart a little bit: http://devolblog.devolfamily.com/gpu-acc...iveubuntu/
coendeurloo Wrote:Any updates?

I'm learning the skinning, however I think by getting all the bugs out as pixdamix posted above is the way to go for now. Use the git repo, you'll be pleasantly surprised Big Grin

@pixdamix, have you tried the "speedup fanart" yourself? That looks interesting..
Looks interesting indeed, but from what I understand all existing .tbn's have to be converted somehow...
coendeurloo Wrote:Looks interesting indeed, but from what I understand all existing .tbn's have to be converted somehow...

Code:
23:27:36 T:2900462448 M:1338216448   DEBUG: Creating DDS version of: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/Fanart/69c8cc8b.tb
Nope, it's done automagically Smile
pixdamix Wrote:
Code:
23:27:36 T:2900462448 M:1338216448   DEBUG: Creating DDS version of: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/Fanart/69c8cc8b.tb
Nope, it's done automagically Smile

yup. unfortunately this is all done with external apps Smile

this is the kind of thing that would be a nice feature right inside xbmc
Pages: 1 2