Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] Skins not showing up on my Windows 7 install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright so I've gone over this for hours and searched around for solutions, and somehow I just can not get skins to show up. I'm sure I'm missing something stupidly simple, but it's just not working out for me, so I'm asking for help.

From what I understand from the Wiki, I should be putting my skins in C:\users\<username>\appdata\roaming\xbmc\skin\SkinName\SkinFiles

On my HTPC the username is literally User, and I am trying to install Aeon and MediaSteam, so the path is C:\users\User\appdata\roaming\xbmc\skin\Aeon\720p, fonts, language, etc.

Yet when I start up XBMC I still only have Confluence listed as my only available skin. Pulling out my hair trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, so any help is appreciated!
Using Confluence, on the Homepage hover on Settings and press right. Navigate to system info. In the lower right what does it say is the build...should be a number like r12345
r31542
You're on a merge/10.5 build, nothing wrong with that as long as you don't plan to use alot of plugin/scripts.

Everythings, skins included, are considered addons. THIS POST shows what skins are up to date. Forum search will explain more...Install the skins in C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons
Ah Ha! It worked, thanks so much! Now to get to customizing... Big Grin
linoleum knife Wrote:Ah Ha! It worked, thanks so much! Now to get to customizing... Big Grin
Do you have a windows username witch contains non-english letters?