Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV] XBMC and DroboFS via smb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a DroboFS which is a NAS on my network. I also have a dlink dns323 nas and another one. XBMC is able to connect to the dns32 using smb but fails when connecting to the Drobo FS. Since I wish to migrate everything to the Drobo FS, it would be nice to know what is happening. Has anyone succeeded in doing this? The Drobo FS is running samba (3.3.4 I believe). It exports one share.

philip
Argh - Finally bought the drobo-fs after poor luck with dodgy external enclosures and hard drive failures. Just assumed it'd work out of the box with xbmc given it can use AFP or smb etc. Can't make it work yet either. Will try to remember to post here if I fix it.

Might end up buying the new mini instead, as I've seen the plex forums say if you mount it in finder, you'll then see it in plex (and xbmc one would assume).

Cheers.
sandcastle Wrote:Argh - Finally bought the drobo-fs after poor luck with dodgy external enclosures and hard drive failures. Just assumed it'd work out of the box with xbmc given it can use AFP or smb etc. Can't make it work yet either. Will try to remember to post here if I fix it.

Might end up buying the new mini instead, as I've seen the plex forums say if you mount it in finder, you'll then see it in plex (and xbmc one would assume).

Cheers.

I just bought the new Mini. Both Plex and XBMC do as you say. Now here is the neat thing about having AFP on the Drobo. Just install NitoTV on the ATV and do a smart install to get Appleshare on the the Apple TV. With NitoTV make the mount automatic ( the Drobo share will mount on the ATV via AFP). Now to what you were going to do with the Mini on XBMC on the ATV. Works great.

philip