Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Do the new nightlies not allow scripts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are still Programs and Video Add-ins, but no Scripts anymore? Is that true and is there a reason/workaround, or is it just my own problem? (There doesn't seem to be a way to get the SVN Installer other than through the now-missing Scripts choice.) Thanks.
Read xbmc.org. Search for "addons" in the forums.
Thanks.

This seemed to be the most helpful:
http://xbmc.org/theuni/2010/04/27/state-of-the-addons/

And yet it says: "Obviously plugins, scripts, and skins will work the same way." But there is no Scripts folder...

My takeaway is that I basically have to wait for the next version to be stable. Any guesses as to how far away that is?

Thanks. PS reason I am not using Camelot is intermittent white video problem only goes away with nightlies.
Try searching the forums. Lots of threads on addons.
Scripts have become addons, so you put the script folder in userdata\addons or XBMC\addons. In addition to the default.py you need to include an addon.xml to describe the addon. I can't remember where in the Wiki I found all this, but it was straightforward to do. If it helps, here's a sample addon.xml copied and pasted from my system:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon
  id="script.myscript"
  version="1.0"
  name="MyScript"
  provider-name="jhsrennie">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="2.11"/>
  </requires>
  <extension
    point="xbmc.python.script"
    library="default.py"
    debugging="false"/>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <summary>Test script to run Notepad by jhsrennie</summary>
    <description>This is a test script intended to show how run an application from XBMC. The script runs Notepad but can be easily modified to run any app.</description>
    <platform>all</platform>
  </extension>
</addon>

JR
Very helpful.