Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Audio from Video files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, wonder if someone could help?

As the title suggests, I'm getting no audio from my video files, all of which are dvr-ms files, the video stream is absolutely fine.

I have had them working in the past, but not anymore for some reason.

Debug log is at http://pastebin.com/LsqGZnA6

I'm using r31290 on Windows 7 32-bit.

Audio is working in the menus and fine for music, just not for video. The video files with audio work in other applications; VLC, windows media player etc...

Any ideas?

Many thanks
What audio codec is used on your files?
DVR-MS files use either MPEG-1 Layer II or Dolby Digital AC-3 for audio
I've just converted one of my dvr-ms files to a mpg file and it works fine (audio and video), so it must be something to do with XBMC picking up the audio codecs from a dvr-ms file, which I believe is supposed to be supported and I know has worked in the past.

Anybody got any ideas on this?
I thought I would revert to an older version of XBMC as I knew that these files were previously working in Camelot.

Having gone through quite a few recent builds, it seems these dvr-ms files stopped working after r30813 - this is the last revision that is playing sound for dvr-ms files.

I haven't tried all of them but I've tried ten revisions including the most recent (r31655) and none of them are playing the audio.

Any idea on how to fix this or should I log a ticket?