Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Where to install plugins in XBMCSetup-Rev31520-dx.exe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I wanted to install plugins in version of XBMC with DSPlayer but didn't find necessary folders (plugin etc). In previous version's directories there were such folders. I create folder plugins, but doesn't work. How to install plugins, SVN Repo installer for example?
Plugins have now become addons. They need rewriting as addons before they will work. If you ask in the Plugin/Script support forum someone may have already done this for the plugin you want to use.

Have you tried going into Settings, Addons to see if the plugin is available for download?

JR
Yes I have.
There is absolutely another structure of add-ons there. It differs from the structure of SVN Repo installer. And many things are unavailable.
What does it means "rewriting as addons". How I can do it, and where I can read about?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Addons_for_XBMC

There will be a period of aggravation while everyone's favorite plugins get converted to add-ons, but the pain should hopefully be brief, and you are after all using a development build.

JR