Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Latest SVN shoutcast not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone explain to me what I need to do to get Shoutcast and XBMC working again? The add-on manager in settings shows that shoutcast is installed but it keeps telling me cannot connect to network server. I did see somewhere that I may need to install new scripts and plugins, but I dont know how to do that and the SVN repo installer is not seen in programs. IS there a tutorial or sticky for this? i would appreciate any help
I suspect shoucast changed their encoding again or is blocking the xbmc user-agent.
Ditto - jngrim getting the same issue as you mate.

EDIT: Just tuned in to my fav station no problem. So I guess it was a shoutcast issue and not anything to do with the code this side.
Is it possibly something about the XBMC's "shout" interpretation no longer working with the rest of the html address that comes with XBMC defaults? BTW, I'm still using the xbox for XBMC; appears not to matter whether using a January 2010 or June 2009 version.

Here are some steps for fixing your own version of XBMC. This seems painfully long, but it only appears so because I wrote it for some non-computer types to whom I gave an Xbox-type XBMC...

1. The goal: to make the Shoutcast directory pointer look like this: shout://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/newxml.phtml/
2. From the main menu, go to Music
3. Highlight Shoutcast (navigate down to the "Shoutcast Directory" line)
4. Bring up the context menu (use the Title button on the xbox remote control, or the White button on the game controller)
5. Select "edit source" (from the list that appears)
6. Highlight the address box (it should be already highlighted) and hit the Select key on xbox remote controller, or the Green button on the game controller
7. Use the "<<" key on the onscreen keyboard to move the cursor over to the incorrect text in the address (it'll be either something like "www" or "classic") (To use any key on that onscreen keyboard you navigate over to it and press the Select button on the xbox remote control or the Green button on the game controller.)
8. Use the Backspace key of the onscreen menu to erase the offending characters ("www" or "classic")
9. Now simply enter "yp", then go to Done on the onscreen keyboard.
10. Press "OK"

If you had saved any radio stations to your Favourites, you'll need to delete them and re-create them again from the new Shoutcast directories/categories, but they'll work just like they did in the past.