Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: what managers do you use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just realized i have yet to find an all inclusive media scraper and file renamer for my movies and tv. i am mostly interested in tv shows so i have been using "tv rename" and set it up with command line arguments to automatically copy and rename and scrape upon a torrent completion.

but i am here to ask what all do you guys use? is there yet to be a good all inclusive app yet? i have tried ember media manager but it is slow and not as great with tv.
i am currently using emmber media manger. just started with it. but like it very much. sadly it runs only on windows. would like to have a tool for all the media data for linux.

cheers
for Tv SickBeard is hands down the best out there.

I have used it for grabbing new episode, downloading new episodes once released, and renaming and adding nfo, folder.jpgs for each season and episode for Tv shows I had already downloaded.

for Movies I am not sure I am still on that quest , but I did just find out aboud MovieManager downloading your movies , it doesn't do any scraping though

-=Jason=-
I use 'Ember Media Manager' for my movies (hopefully tv shows soon, too)

'TV Rename' for my TV Shows but it is very buggy...maybe a nice alternative exists?

'Ant Renamer' to batch rename lots of files if they are unrecognizable by:

'TheRenamer', to automatically rename files so it has the proper naming.
EMM All the way man
does EMM allow manual tagging of movie files? say i want to replace the fanart or poster it downloaded from a movie poster i have on my hard drive, or manually enter the movie cast if theer are some errors... thanks in advance
^^^ yes, let it scrape your library in automatic mode (default), then double click individual entries and 'rescrape' for choices of art. You can then do the manual update for various elements too.

My main issue with external scrapers is they fill my folders with a lot of 'junk'. It's a shame you can't have (for example) F:/The Sopranos/Data which holds all the thumbnails the various screens and all the nfo files to keep them out of the season folders. Because of that, I tend to just use a scraper for movies (Ember) and let XBMC handle the TV side of things. My downloads are all based on RSS feeds and the download tool I use handles file renaming in a way that suits me (Show name - SXXEXX - 720p HDTV x264-GRPTAG) so I have all the info I need on both what episode it is and it's source. Anything that's RSSd to my download tool sends a command to XBMC to autoupdate too, so when I get home everything is waiting for me... too cool Smile

Ember is great for movies, just trying to get the final step to work. It doesn't error when it hits the XBMC update phase (unless XBMC isn't running), but it also doesn't actually add the movie to the db.. I have to do that by hand (or 'Reload' if it's already been added during a TV run). Something for me to fix before my setup hits perfection I guess!
Well, I have been using EMM for my scraping needs but came across a very very nice little gem the other day. It's a program called MediaCenterMaster. Let me just say that once configured...THIS THING ROCKS!

I don't have a Usenet account so SickBeard is out the window (works for shit on torrents). TED is way to finicky on it's show searches and takes forever to go through the custom menu to add older airings.

So what does MCM do? Well, I have it configured to scrape my movies and tv shows. It grabs all the metadata, artwork (banners, fanart, etc.), downloads movie trailers, sorts, renames, and manages uTorrent downloads. It can do subtitles too but I have no use for that.

The last part is fantastic. I have it set to keep certain shows up to date (non OTA shows like True Blood, Hung, Spartacus, Penn & Teller, etc) and it automatically finds, downloads, processes the download with metadata, and then renames/sorts the new downloaded files into XBMC upon completion! It will also generate the info (dvdid.xml) for WMC.

It takes a second to set up but once done it's awesome. Now every file in my media library is named consistently and in a logical manner. I am loving the fact it scans my library and sees what episodes I'm missing and go and fetches them. It also automatically updates itself so it's pretty automated once configured.

I suggest everyone go and download it and try it out.

EDIT- Just searched and there is already a thread on here for it:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...hlight=mcm
pHo Wrote:Ember is great for movies, just trying to get the final step to work. It doesn't error when it hits the XBMC update phase (unless XBMC isn't running), but it also doesn't actually add the movie to the db.. I have to do that by hand (or 'Reload' if it's already been added during a TV run). Something for me to fix before my setup hits perfection I guess!

Why don't you just set xbmc to auto update on startup?