Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Yesterday I just created my music database and tried to download automatically all artists cdARTs unsuccessfully. It seems like nothing happened when I clicked on the menu option. I also tried to download clearLOGOS and albums with the same result. I have uploaded a debug log to xbmclogs.com --> http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=25451

Taking a look to the debug file, I can see a 10060 error when trying to connect to fanart.tv webservice. Hope this helps.

Thanks.
(2013-01-02, 10:01)solidsatras Wrote: [ -> ]@rdonohoe @rhmclay
(2010-07-12, 02:19)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]Settings:
Files & Folders

Path to music library

This path represents the path skins use to access the ClearLOGOs(logo.png), fanart, extrafanart, Artist Thumbnails and Music banners on an artist level. This path does not need to point directly to your music library if you don't want to clutter up your music with ClearLOGOs or extrafanart. You can set up an 'Artwork' path which both your skins and the script will point to.
It is all there, people just have to read.

I´m lazy sometimes too, but it is just disrespectful to all the people writing wiki´s and self explanatory instructions to ask questions all over again which answers could
be found in very short time. People should stop thinking they have original thoughts or new problems. It´s not just the xbmc forum, seems like every forum nowadays is
filled with people unwilling or maybe unable to put in a little effort on their own.

I would like to see a feature, where you have to answer three trivia questions from the first post in order to be able to post.
Or you simply can´t post without a link to a debug log.

@rdonohoe @rhmclay
Please, don´t take this personally. It is just a perfect example of whats bugging me for quite some time now.

If you notice I referenced that it was my understanding that it didn't have to be in the same folder for that to work (if you would have read my post), showing that I had in fact read that. Also, you can see I ask very few questions, and have been using XBMC for a few years, showing that almost everything I have ever needed I got from reading.

My question was specifically for the art that has the music note on it in my screen shot, which I am not even sure what that is considered.

And I am sorry, it is hard to not take it personally when someone calls you lazy and disrespectful.
(2013-01-02, 10:01)solidsatras Wrote: [ -> ]@rdonohoe @rhmclay
(2010-07-12, 02:19)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]Settings:
Files & Folders

Path to music library

This path represents the path skins use to access the ClearLOGOs(logo.png), fanart, extrafanart, Artist Thumbnails and Music banners on an artist level. This path does not need to point directly to your music library if you don't want to clutter up your music with ClearLOGOs or extrafanart. You can set up an 'Artwork' path which both your skins and the script will point to.
It is all there, people just have to read.

I´m lazy sometimes too, but it is just disrespectful to all the people writing wiki´s and self explanatory instructions to ask questions all over again which answers could
be found in very short time. People should stop thinking they have original thoughts or new problems. It´s not just the xbmc forum, seems like every forum nowadays is
filled with people unwilling or maybe unable to put in a little effort on their own.

I would like to see a feature, where you have to answer three trivia questions from the first post in order to be able to post.
Or you simply can´t post without a link to a debug log.

@rdonohoe @rhmclay
Please, don´t take this personally. It is just a perfect example of whats bugging me for quite some time now.

I've read that wiki page too. I also have that setting set to a folder other than my music folder but XBMC still has all the music artwork missing?
I've been googing to see if I have to tell the skin where the artwork is but can't find anything. Perhaps I am searching for the wrong thing.

Regarding artwork not showing up:

XBMC developers have changed how artwork is handled in Frodo. While the video side of the database(or Library) add-ons have the ability to change and set artwork, for music it is not the case.
(2013-01-03, 05:31)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding artwork not showing up:

XBMC developers have changed how artwork is handled in Frodo. While the video side of the database(or Library) add-ons have the ability to change and set artwork, for music it is not the case.

Hence the reason I see the "Music Symbol" in my picture? Thanks giftie. I appreciate the explanation, and I will stop losing my mind trying to make it work Big Grin
(2013-01-03, 05:31)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding artwork not showing up:

Thank you.
If cdART doesn't download anything art wise for a particular album (or albums) you can place your own image (folder.jpg) in the album folder, and/or use a program capable of adding images directly to the tags (Like MediaMonkey, MP3Tag&Rename, etc, etc). XBMC should display the art from either of these methods.
Hi Giftie,

Were you able to take a look at the debug log?

Thanks so much.

(2013-01-02, 14:13)fer_far Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Yesterday I just created my music database and tried to download automatically all artists cdARTs unsuccessfully. It seems like nothing happened when I clicked on the menu option. I also tried to download clearLOGOS and albums with the same result. I have uploaded a debug log to xbmclogs.com --> http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=25451

Taking a look to the debug file, I can see a 10060 error when trying to connect to fanart.tv webservice. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Sorry. I had thought I responded to that message..

You will need to download the test version(be sure to get the Eden Version) from the first page of this thread. Also you need to follow the instruction about updating from an older version(below the download links)

(2013-01-04, 12:30)fer_far Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Giftie,

Were you able to take a look at the debug log?

Thanks so much.

(2013-01-02, 14:13)fer_far Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks.

This is just a general comment/suggestion i know i mentioned it before, but would there be anyway we could get latest test updates from a repository so when new versions are released we can update automatically in xbmc. I know you mentioned this is all test builds but they all seem to work. I dont even know if that official build 1.6.5 still works anymore... All my other addons work well and update frequently inside xbmc which is nice, except cdart, I dont always check logs, and cdart i noticed was getting a json error for weeks populating my log, i last visited this thread and grabbed 2.7.5 a few weeks back. So i go to this thread and update it manually and it works fine. It would be nice though if we can get constant updates so we are always in sync and everything is working, I dont think many casual users visit the forum frequently for builds and often times i just dont remember or think of coming here to check for new versions in case things change or something breaks.

Just a suggestion because everything in cdart works amazing, its incredible, I love the program, i just feel like i spend as much time trying to maintain it and grab the latest builds on here as i do enjoying the program itself.

Perhaps you could create a test version repo for eden and frodo for us who constantly want the latest updates? I dont know if thats possible just a suggestion.
General question about manually adding cdart.pngs.... My music library contains ~5,500 albums, of which, CD ArtManager was able to grab about 900 cdart images. Partly because of album naming (i.e., Revolver [UK] vs. Revolver, et. al), multiple MBID versions, etc. So far, I am still at a loss on how to get CD Art Manager to grab cdart for an album that I have, that I know is a commercial release, and is on fan art.tv. Choosing alternate MBID #s is confusing and scanning my ~78,000 track library takes over 22 hours... so, I have resorted to making my own cdart.png files. I am currently up to the letter B in my library and have done a couple of hundred so far. My question is, after I manually place the cdart.png file in the album folder, will cdArt Manager eventually be able to "see" it? I ask because I particularly like the backup feature and I have multiple XBMC clients running. I like that it creates a backup with ARTIST/ALBUM.png backup structure. I use this for my skins to display. Currently, I have file sync utilities running all over the place to propagate the changes. If I do a cd ArtManager scan or a backup after I am done, will my cd arts that I've created be backed up by cd art manager?
How do i get rid of CDArt manager seeing old files that I use to be mapped to?

Basically I had this large library which was crap - named wrong - mixed folders --- basic crap

I started to organize things and re-mapped my drive, uninstalled cd art manager, disabled re-enabled re-insatlled deleted textures.db ... no luck

Everytime it comes up with 572 artists - and not the new 12 that i have organized ...

any ideas ?
(2013-01-09, 18:48)dugan26 Wrote: [ -> ]How do i get rid of CDArt manager seeing old files that I use to be mapped to?

Basically I had this large library which was crap - named wrong - mixed folders --- basic crap

I started to organize things and re-mapped my drive, uninstalled cd art manager, disabled re-enabled re-insatlled deleted textures.db ... no luck

Everytime it comes up with 572 artists - and not the new 12 that i have organized ...

any ideas ?

refresh addon database? or update database? both found in cdart manager - advanced - modify addon database.

Matt
(2013-01-09, 19:06)matt77303 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-09, 18:48)dugan26 Wrote: [ -> ]How do i get rid of CDArt manager seeing old files that I use to be mapped to?

any ideas ?

refresh addon database? or update database? both found in cdart manager - advanced - modify addon database.

Matt

Yes that was it - many thanks - that was silly of me ...

uh ... except now nothing seems to work in the addon ...

please refresh my memory .......

I go to music file mode
Scan item to library ...
It finishes the scan ...

Then go to CD Art manager and do automatic download for say fan art ... i get 0 found

For artists/albums for like Greenday, U2 etc .... ?
delete the addon data for cdart downloader, in the userdata folder.

Matt