Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-07-22, 18:59)NutNothing Wrote: [ -> ]I have the newest version (3.0.3) and I'm having a hard time finding the option to run CDart Manager in the background. Did this go away? I have a rather big music collection to scan in and my family would be upset with me if I made XBMC unusable for any amount of time...

Did you figure this out? Cos I can't find the option either!

Cheers :-)
(2013-07-18, 08:18)Ghostdivision Wrote: [ -> ]Just curious when using the scheduler, what does enable schedule cdart manager update do? Does it do the same thing as when I manually go in and select advanced then update database? Because I need to do that for music artists to be added to cdart.

I am adding new artists and hoping the scheduler takes care of it since manually operating this can take alot of time, but I am not noticing new artists showing up until i manually go in and update the database.

Perhaps since it takes so long my pc is sleeping during the update if the scheduler does infact update the database.

Yes this is what that function does, also you need to make sure that your machine is not in suspend mode as the scheduler will not be able to run.

(2013-07-17, 19:11)reddy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I tried a bit of searching but I failed to find answer to my questions, and going through 1800+ posts in this thread will still take me some time :) So, can somebody help me with the following:

1) Is there a way to set up cdART Manager to download cdARTs to a local folder, the same way as it's done for fanarts, extrafanarts, logos and banners in "Music folder path(for Artwork)? Or the only way it can be configured is to download them to the album folders?
This option will be added in an upcoming version. Keep in mind that skins find cdARTs using the path relative to the track being played.
Quote:I know it may look strange but I don't mind copying then those files manually to albums as I prefer to have control to anything what happens to my music files. I keep all my music on NAS and simply I don't want to grant write access to any script. I guess that even though downloading to local folder may be technically possible then still it will not be easy to configure the skin to read cdARTs from that folder (I use Aeon Nox), right?

If the skin would be able to read cdARTs from a selected folder this would solve all my problems :) - but that's rather a question to Aeon Nox thread, not here.

2) Is it possible to configure cdART Manager in a way it downloads all related files when the album/artist is scraped by Universal Artist and Album scrapers or when played back for the first time, without manual executing the script from Programs menu?
I have created a service script called the Scheduler(you can find it in the service addons thread) The scheduled allows you to update your XBMC libraries, update cdART Managers databases and auto-download artwork.

Quote:3) How to configure XBMC and skins like Aeon Nox to show all downloaded fanarts as a slideshow? I use Artist Slideshow plugin but it downloads its own images, I think.

(2013-07-22, 18:59)NutNothing Wrote: [ -> ]I have the newest version (3.0.3) and I'm having a hard time finding the option to run CDart Manager in the background. Did this go away? I have a rather big music collection to scan in and my family would be upset with me if I made XBMC unusable for any amount of time...

Check out the service add-on The Scheduler.

(2013-07-08, 13:19)Marco Wrote: [ -> ]Ok,

now i have updated to version 3.0.3.
But now it freezes on the main screen while getting album information.

I always need a full debug log to troubleshoot problems.
cdART continues to be THE app for getting your music collection into shape for XBMC. There's only two outstanding niggles that, for me could be improved upon to make it perfect.

Firstly, scanning your music library with cdART takes a long time. I know this isn't the fault of cdART, more to do with limitations on the MusicBrainz website, and having the ability to specify a custom mirror goes someway to negating that limitation, so kudos for that. But for those of us who run multiple installs of XBMC and would like to be able to update our artwork on each system we run, it's an arduous task because the time it takes to scrape/update our libraries through cdART is then multiplied multiple times.

For me it would make sense to have an NFO-style file saved with the artwork in the custom artwork folder (if defined, if not with the albums / music itself) that saves any/all information cdART is able to gather about our music collections, so it's then much easier to update our cdART databases on multiple machines, and/or make rescanning our libraries faster when a reformat or re-install of XBMC/cdART on the primary machine is performed.

The second issue is that, for me I store album covers in a "folder.jpg" with the music, but also embed the artwork into the MP3 tags themselves for compatibility with devices that do not support folder.jpg files because my media libray location is on a NAS that is accessed by multiple applications / devices besides XBMC. So having an option to replace the embedded artwork in a file with the updated artwork cdART downloads would save a lot of time/effort re-factoring my music collection when updated / higher quality artwork is downloaded. I would say I don't think such an option (if included) should be "on-by-default", but would be a nice time saver for those of us with larger collections. Updating embedded artwork for 22,000 MP3 files is not a task I want to be doing manually.

Other than that, a great add-on and an XBMC essential app IMHO.

Smile
first of all sorry for my english

I try to use cdart manager but i have a problem

the install is ok, i can configurate the script but when i try to execute it nothing happend, no error message, nothing!

i install ones of the repository, i use openelec 3.0.6

i post a part of my log, where is a problem with cdart if you can help me:

#
14:17:00 T:2752469824 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - # default.py module #
14:17:00 T:2752469824 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - # script.cdartmanager #
14:17:00 T:2752469824 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - # Giftie #
14:17:00 T:2752469824 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - # 3.0.4 #
14:17:00 T:2752469824 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - # Ppic, Reaven, Imaginos, redje, Jair, #
14:17:00 T:2752469824 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - # Chaos_666, Magnatism, Kode, Martijn #
14:17:00 T:2752469824 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - # Thanks for the help guys... #
14:17:00 T:2752469824 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - # Frodo #
14:17:00 T:2752469824 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - ############################################################
14:17:00 T:2752469824 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Looking for settings.xml
14:17:00 T:2752469824 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Addon Work Folder: /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager/
14:17:00 T:2752469824 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Addon Database: /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager/l_cdart.db
14:17:00 T:2752469824 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Addon settings: /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager/settings.xml
14:17:00 T:2752469824 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Addon Work Folder Found, Checking For Database
14:17:00 T:2752469824 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Addon Db not found, Must Be First Run
14:17:00 T:2752469824 ERROR: EXCEPTION: XML File for Window is missing
14:17:00 T:2752469824 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Error in script occured
14:17:00 T:2752469824 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
14:17:00 T:2752469824 ERROR: File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager-master/default.py", line 527, in <module>
14:17:00 T:2752469824 ERROR: ui = gui.GUI( "script-cdartmanager.xml" , __addon__.getAddonInfo('path'), "Default")
14:17:00 T:2752469824 ERROR: RuntimeError: XML File for Window is missing
ok sorry i got my response:

"Using AENOX as default skin, switched the skin back to normal and it is booting (starting) again (cdART manager). Running latest git version of course."

thanks
I can't see cdart on Album View. Tried many things. Some show other don't.

Only at Individual Album view (tracks) I can see it all.

Any Ideas?? Thanks.
(2013-08-04, 08:59)FabioMC Wrote: [ -> ]I can't see cdart on Album View. Tried many things. Some show other don't.

Only at Individual Album view (tracks) I can see it all.

Any Ideas?? Thanks.

That is a skin related issue.

(2013-08-02, 07:59)kasinao Wrote: [ -> ]first of all sorry for my english

the install is ok, i can configurate the script but when i try to execute it nothing happend, no error message, nothing!

First - please check the addon path 'xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/skins' and make sure the folder is called 'Default', not 'default'

Second - full debug logs need to be posted not partial ones. Use a site like pastebin or xbmclogs to post them.
(2013-07-29, 04:24)gibxxi Wrote: [ -> ]cdART continues to be THE app for getting your music collection into shape for XBMC. There's only two outstanding niggles that, for me could be improved upon to make it perfect.

Firstly, scanning your music library with cdART takes a long time. I know this isn't the fault of cdART, more to do with limitations on the MusicBrainz website, and having the ability to specify a custom mirror goes someway to negating that limitation, so kudos for that. But for those of us who run multiple installs of XBMC and would like to be able to update our artwork on each system we run, it's an arduous task because the time it takes to scrape/update our libraries through cdART is then multiplied multiple times.

For me it would make sense to have an NFO-style file saved with the artwork in the custom artwork folder (if defined, if not with the albums / music itself) that saves any/all information cdART is able to gather about our music collections, so it's then much easier to update our cdART databases on multiple machines, and/or make rescanning our libraries faster when a reformat or re-install of XBMC/cdART on the primary machine is performed.

The second issue is that, for me I store album covers in a "folder.jpg" with the music, but also embed the artwork into the MP3 tags themselves for compatibility with devices that do not support folder.jpg files because my media libray location is on a NAS that is accessed by multiple applications / devices besides XBMC. So having an option to replace the embedded artwork in a file with the updated artwork cdART downloads would save a lot of time/effort re-factoring my music collection when updated / higher quality artwork is downloaded. I would say I don't think such an option (if included) should be "on-by-default", but would be a nice time saver for those of us with larger collections. Updating embedded artwork for 22,000 MP3 files is not a task I want to be doing manually.

Other than that, a great add-on and an XBMC essential app IMHO.

Smile

1) the feature to save to all artwork to the 'music library path' will in one of the next versions.

2) I was thinking about adding the nfo file to the addon, though this would add a lot code since it would need to scrape the album info and artist info. Unless it was only for script use.

3) embedding artwork probably will never be added. It requires a system specific library for Python. This is not allowed on the official repo. There are programs that will do this automatically for you.
(2013-08-04, 22:49)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-02, 07:59)kasinao Wrote: [ -> ]first of all sorry for my english

First - please check the addon path 'xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/skins' and make sure the folder is called 'Default', not 'default'

Second - full debug logs need to be posted not partial ones. Use a site like pastebin or xbmclogs to post them.

Hi giftie,
I've the same problem of Kasinao.
I sent you a PM with my log.
Many thanks.
Good afternoon giftie,

The album 'Legend: The Best of Bob Marley and the Wailers' has several cdart images on fanart.tv, however cdart Manager shows only one (the first one appearing on fanart.tv). How can I get cdart manager to show all the cdart images available so I can make my best choice to match my current album version.

Thanks in advance. Best,

CF
Hi Giftie,
did you received my log file ?

thank you
(2013-08-11, 11:55)Lupin 3rd Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Giftie,
did you received my log file ?

thank you

I just tested on my windows system, with a fresh install. I could not recreate the problem.

First uninstall the script then delete script.cdartmanager-3.0.3.zip in your packages folder in your add on folder. This can be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data\addons\packages or %APPDATA%\XBMC\addons\packages.

Restart XBMC, then re-install the addon from the Settings>Addons screen.

It almost looks like something didn't get unzipped properly.

(2013-08-05, 18:47)capfuturo Wrote: [ -> ]Good afternoon giftie,

The album 'Legend: The Best of Bob Marley and the Wailers' has several cdart images on fanart.tv, however cdart Manager shows only one (the first one appearing on fanart.tv). How can I get cdart manager to show all the cdart images available so I can make my best choice to match my current album version.

Thanks in advance. Best,

CF

At the moment, cdART Manager only will get the newest artwork.
Hi Giftie,

Thanks for advising me on this matter. I think the add-on works pretty well and it is quite helpful, however just as to please my curiosity, are there any plans in line for the future, so the users can get to actually manage their CDart with CDart Manager, or will it remain a one-criteria automatic process in which the user can't decide which CDart is the right one for their albums, so they can make a better use of fanart.tv and its resources?

Looking forward to your reply. All best,

CF
I have a problem that I can't seem to find an answer for. When I run the automatic download for an album, it will not load cdart or album art if two choices exist for the same album. For example, I recently added Stone Sour's Come What(ever) May and Audio Secrecy to my library. It downloaded cdArt (there's only 1 choice for each) but it didn't download Album Art (there's 2 choices for every Stone Sour album). I've also noticed this previously with several other titles and I've always had to manually download them and place them in the folder. Am I possibly missing a setting somewhere? Thanks!
Hi giftie, it's been a while I didn't ask you something. I think I have a problem with artist thumb in my music library. For example, the thumb for some artist doesn't show : Gossip, Günther, Green Day, and some other artists....

I watched in my folder if there were here, and they are here, with the name "folder" so it's good, like others that show up.

I watched in the xmbc.log but nothing is present about these artists. Could you help me please?

And just a little precision, clearlogo, fanart show fine... I tried to delete folder.jpg and download it again, but doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.