Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Argh, 15 years of software development but unable to fix a simple python script...

Are you using Windows? The changes should work with other OS'es but I've only tried it with Windows.
I'll first try define the problem with my bad english. Helix is much more picky about distinguishing paths and files. In Gotham the Script could check if a path exists by using exists("C:\\test") which returned true if there is a directory named test on drive C. Helix only returns true if there is a file called test and false if it's a directory. So the existence of a directory must be checked with exists("C:\\test\\") - mind the trailing backslashes.
My fixes correct these existence checks for the paths used in the script. That's all. There is definately no problem with the database structure I think. I've tried the script on a fresh install of Kodi with 10 albums of different artists.

The Scripts problem is the checking of the artists and albums paths and copying the data to the destination.
So if the structure is like mine: M:\Albums\Avicii\True the db is updated wrong because the script thinks the folder is not present.

Could anyone post a log of what's going on?
Would you mind deleting the cdartmanager database and rerun the script? I'm sure it's damaged by a run of the old version. In Windows it's located here: "%APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.cdartmanager\l_cdart.db" only rename the file l_cdart.db please.
Okay, got it. You MUST uninstall the previous version of the addon before installing the updated one. By installign the Github-ZIP a new directory is created (script.cdartmanager-Helix of course) instead of overwriting the original plugin. Kodi then executes the first plugin it finds which is... not my version.

If you've already installed my update, please uninstall CDART MANAGER from activated addons TWICE - or let's say as often as neccesary until it disappears from the list. Then reinstall the Helix-Version.
Alternatively delete all folders starting with script.cdartmanager from the addons directory and reinstall my ZIP.

Sorry for this!
hi Stef

many thanks working fine it seems
(2015-01-16, 00:36)stef.an Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, got it. You MUST uninstall the previous version of the addon before installing the updated one. By installign the Github-ZIP a new directory is created (script.cdartmanager-Helix of course) instead of overwriting the original plugin. Kodi then executes the first plugin it finds which is... not my version.

If you've already installed my update, please uninstall CDART MANAGER from activated addons TWICE - or let's say as often as neccesary until it disappears from the list. Then reinstall the Helix-Version.
Alternatively delete all folders starting with script.cdartmanager from the addons directory and reinstall my ZIP.

Sorry for this!

Works perfectly. Thanks!
Thanks stef.an, I was needing to updated the artwork for my music (Don't buy new music very often). Was wondering why the CDArt manager wasn't working, and your version did the trick
Yes! It Works... Uninstalled the old CdArtManager and installed this. update database... Working now. first try! Thanks Stef.an!
works fine for me too. many many thanks to stef.an hero of the day.
stef.an thanks for this, Im currently running gotham and helix in parallel so I can still use this addon. I have a question - can the cdart addon_data contents be copied to the addon_data/script.cdartmanager-Helix folder so I can reuse all existing data or is it advisable to start from scratch?
Could someone give me the commands needed to update the library and download all artwork using cron?
teeedubb, I didn't change the addon_data location. Only the installation path is changed to addons/script.cdartmanager-Helix because of the ZIP file from github is including the branch. The data remains in addon_data/script.cdartmanager.
You can copy the whole directory script.cdartmanager from the old version to the new addon_data without adding -Helix, it should work just fine.
Thank you stef.an !!!
yes indeed thank you stef.an for this updated information.
all looks great now
Nice to hear it works now...
I've just updated the github correcting two more paths, which seem not being used very often. Update if you like or have some problems remaining.
There are also some small fixes for the most annoying glitches compared to my personal copy. Artist Thumbnails e.g. are downloaded over and over again even if they already exist.
You can check the changes on github. I'll create a pull request after all so giftie can merge the changes if he finds the time and likes to.

Have a good weekend!
It's working for me now. Thanks a lot, this app is awesome!
Just wanted to add my 5 cents;
I too experience the same thing; when I start CDartManager (under Kodi Helix), it start by scanning my albums, and within a reasonnable time, arrive up to 100% and then just dies. I've left it there for hours and nothing else seems to happen. I have to resolve to kill Kodi by then.

I updated from Gotham only yesterday and did not try CDart before.