Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
fional Wrote:This might seem a bit daft, I'm just trying to see if my stuff is broke or I'm just being silly slow!

Is 1.2.9 the last stable release and that's why the repo hasn't updated since? Or is something wrong with my setup?

Cheers!

1.2.9 is the last version that is in the XBMC.org repo.. The script went through a lot of change since then, just trying to mash out some more bugs... But version 1.4.9 is the latest test version(it should be fairly stable and almost ready for the repos.)

Links are on the first page of this thread. Also xbmcstuff.org soon will no longer be around. I guess I need to get it to the Official repo soon...
Montevideo Wrote:Thanks! Been driving me nuts. Didn't realise that was turned off, been trying to use the Add-ons tab Eek

I do have another problem with this though... Doesn't seem to work properly for me - for example, I was looking for 1977 by Ash and it lists their albums as:

Free All Angels
Meltdown
C

Seems to be cutting off the list? Does it on everything... Anyone know why?

The script only will list albums that it matches on MusicBrainz. It retrieves the album names from XBMC's library, only strips off the following CD, Disc, Part, if the title happens to contain the disc numbering(really the path should have the numbering, but I left code to catch the titles too) Off hand I wouldn't know why the titles are being cut off and such. Would need to possibly see your l_cdart.db file....
joelones Wrote:Seems to be working much better now, got a lot more matches. Thanks for the help.

Good to see that it's working better for you..
Wanilton Wrote:Giftie, i update translate for portuguese(Brazil), link for download here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/Portugu...zil%29.zip

thanks,

Wanilton

Thanks Wanilton.. Very much appreciated.
Thank you. Problem solved.

giftie Wrote:Delete the file l_cdart.db inside your userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager directory.

If you are still having problems, please post a copy of your debug log to pastebin.
GatoGuga Wrote:Thank you. Problem solved.

Glad to see it working for you...
I had a thought... The script uses its best ability(ok, my programming skills) to find the Album Artist. This is all well and good for cdARTs and Cover Arts, but we all have Compilation albums where we would find other artists. Extrafanart and clearLOGOs only depend on the artist names(from the skin's point of view) Should I add the ability to download artwork(fanart and clearLOGOs) for all artists?

Doing this, the script will automatically create the directories in your music path(that you had provided) for those artists that don't already have directories.

I think the majority answer will be 'Yes' but just want to make sure before I add some more code..
giftie Wrote:I had a thought... The script uses its best ability(ok, my programming skills) to find the Album Artist. This is all well and good for cdARTs and Cover Arts, but we all have Compilation albums where we would find other artists. Extrafanart and clearLOGOs only depend on the artist names(from the skin's point of view) Should I add the ability to download artwork(fanart and clearLOGOs) for all artists?

Doing this, the script will automatically create the directories in your music path(that you had provided) for those artists that don't already have directories.

I think the majority answer will be 'Yes' but just want to make sure before I add some more code..

Can you explain that in a bit more detail? It sounds like something I wouldn't want, but I'm not quite sure.
ghostelement Wrote:Can you explain that in a bit more detail? It sounds like something I wouldn't want, but I'm not quite sure.

There is an option in the Music Settings(of XBMC) to include Artists that only appear in compilations.

For instance you have the soundtrack for Last Action Hero. The Album Artist is Various Artists, but each of the tracks have the Artist as well.

Code:
1   Big Gun                       AC/DC
2   What the Hell Have I     Alice in Chains
3   Angry Again                 Megadeth
4   Real World                   Queensrÿche
5   Two Steps Behind         Def Leppard
6   Poison My Eyes            Anthrax
7   Dream On (live)            Aerosmith
8   A Little Bitter               Alice in Chains
9   Cock the Hammer         Cypress Hill
10 Swim                          Fishbone
11 Last Action Hero           Tesla
12 Jack and the Ripper         Michael Kamen

XBMC has the ability to store both the Album Artist and Song Artist in the library. For the clearLOGOs and extra fanart to show up for Anthrax(for example since I don't have any albums by Anthrax) and I had the option mentioned above turned on(Artists/Compilations) The script would need to create the directories for the artwork(Antrax and Anthrax/extrafanart).

Keep in mind this would be a setting the enable/disable(you don't need to have it.. Smile )
Ok, I see what you mean now. I wouldn't turn that on since I would be afraid of it creating empty folders and then when browsing music outside of xbmc, you would be confused about why there are no songs in the directory.
ghostelement Wrote:Ok, I see what you mean now. I wouldn't turn that on since I would be afraid of it creating empty folders and then when browsing music outside of xbmc, you would be confused about why there are no songs in the directory.

You could always set your music path outside your music directory.
I did do that my self.
Setting up 3 dir.

1. Path to Music library: \XBMC\Music
2. CDArt backup folder:\XBMC\XBMC images\CD Art Backup
3. Unique CDArt folder: \XBMC\XBMC images\CD Art

1. My music is there
2. CDArt backup goes here
3. Nothing goes here, when auto download. all art goes here in the Artist folder.

What am I doing wrong, and how can I change a Logo manualy?

Thanks
Kode Wrote:You could always set your music path outside your music directory.

Which is what I do.. Smile Just the cdart.png and folder.jpg images need to go into the artist/album path... Glad someone else figured that out.. Now I just need to figure out how to get N*E*R*D to work('*' wildcards really kill paths.. Smile )
Quokka1979 Wrote:I did do that my self.
Setting up 3 dir.

1. Path to Music library: \XBMC\Music
2. CDArt backup folder:\XBMC\XBMC images\CD Art Backup
3. Unique CDArt folder: \XBMC\XBMC images\CD Art

1. My music is there
2. CDArt backup goes here
3. Nothing goes here, when auto download. all art goes here in the Artist folder.

What am I doing wrong, and how can I change a Logo manualy?

Thanks

To have the logo.png, fanart.jpg and extrafanart to be separate from the music library files you need to adjust the 'Path to Music Library' folder. This path is only used for those items. cdARTs and folder.jpgs need to go into the Artist/Album path, this can not be changed.
I guess I need to break things down a bit, as it can be a bit confusing..

Settings:
Files & Folders

Path to music library

This path represents the path skins use to access the ClearLOGOs(logo.png) and extrafanart on an artist level. This path does not need to point directly to your music library if you don't want to clutter up your music with ClearLOGOs or extrafanart. You can set up an 'Artwork' path which both your skins and the script will point to.

cdART Backup Folder

This is the path where you would like your cdARTs to be copied to if you use the backup feature from the Advanced menu in the script.

Unique Local cdART folder

This is the path where you would like your unique cdARTs to be copied to if you use the 'Copy Unique Local cdARTs' option from the Advanced menu in the script. Also there is an option right after this for resizing of the cdARTs. This was for XBMCSTUFF.org since there was a size limit to 450x450. This probably will be removed before the scripts release to the Official Repo as this is not needed anymore.

Backup Saving Format

There are two choices here. Artist/Album.png or Artist - Album.png. This is used by the script to name the cdARTs when using one of the backup options from the Advanced menu. Since normally all the cdARTs are named cdart.png the script needs to rename them when storing them in the backup folder.

Custom Colours

This is where you get to select the colouring of the text labels you want displayed within the script.

Extra Settings

Overwrite Low-Res Existing cdARTs

If enabled, the script will look at the resolution of the local cdART and compare it to the one found on fanart.tv. If the local is smaller than 1000x1000 and the one on fanart.tv is 1000x1000 it will download from fanart.tv. This only is used for automatic download, as you can always overwrite when using the manual method. Also Cover Arts(folder.jpg) will always be overwritten as fanart.tv only has the resolution of 1000x1000 available.

Notify During Background Database Build

If enabled, the script will use the XBMC notification popup to show Artist & Album info while the background db is being built. This can be pretty noisy if you have skin sounds turned on.

Notify At End of Background Database Build

If enabled, the script will use the XBMC notification popup to show that the DB is finished being built(it is also displayed for 2 seconds)

Build Database in Background

Clicking on this will start the script building the Database in the Background. This allows you to continue on enjoying XBMC while the script does it's thing. To exit the settings, just click on the 'OK' button.