Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

This is awesome stuff, new to xbmc but loving this addon.

Not all my albums have a cdart.png file, for the sake of copying 300 blank cdart.png files into albums that don't have one, is there a generic cdart.png for albums that don't have one plus a script or something to show them?

I read through some of the posts but couldn't find anything specific to this.

Thanks
dallasf Wrote:Hi,

This is awesome stuff, new to xbmc but loving this addon.

Not all my albums have a cdart.png file, for the sake of copying 300 blank cdart.png files into albums that don't have one, is there a generic cdart.png for albums that don't have one plus a script or something to show them?

I read through some of the posts but couldn't find anything specific to this.

Thanks

Most skins that support cdARTs have an automatic fallback image for missing cdARTs.

Also, for those Albums that you have missing cdARTs, why not give it a go at making some.. http://fanart.tv has a couple of templates(one for Photoshop and one for GIMP) and tutorials on how to use them. We always need more... Smile
Cheers thanks will do.
dallasf Wrote:Cheers thanks will do.

Remember there's a filesize limit. Around 400 or 500kB. It isn't really mentioned.
They prefer 1000x1000 pixel cdart.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Remember there's a filesize limit. Around 400 or 500kB. It isn't really mentioned.
They prefer 1000x1000 pixel cdart.

Official filesize limit is 620kB.

Link To Using Photoshop Template
Link To Using GIMP Template <- There has been mention about the transparency levels on the forums @ fanart.tv
first thx for this, cdart is awnsome.

i have several disc that i donne myself but i cant upload in xbmc stuff
i got this error when i try create account
Code:
INSERT command denied to user 'xbmcstuff_sql'@'10.0.78.99' for table 'users'
Erreur d'acces dans la base de données.

cant access the forum too.
Middle Wrote:first thx for this, cdart is awnsome.

i have several disc that i donne myself but i cant upload in xbmc stuff
i got this error when i try create account
Code:
INSERT command denied to user 'xbmcstuff_sql'@'10.0.78.99' for table 'users'
Erreur d'acces dans la base de données.

cant access the forum too.

fanart.tv is the new home for cdARTs and other music artwork
giftie Wrote:fanart.tv is the new home for cdARTs and other music artwork

thx man for quick reply, i will upload them when i have some free time
Hi all

Im new to this plugin - but cant seem to get it working

Im not sure if its the format Ive saved the music in or not

Anyway my share is set up like this SharedMusic>>Artist - Album Title

So under SharedMusic I have folders for the Artist - Album Title

Ive set my Music Path to SharedMusic

the XBMC library has been bult but whenever I try to search or try automatic download of cdarts nothing is found

Can someone please help - dont know where Im going wrong

Thanks

Arrrgggh - think all I had to do was try Build Database - seems to be doing something now at least
tododo Wrote:Hi all

Im new to this plugin - but cant seem to get it working

Im not sure if its the format Ive saved the music in or not

Anyway my share is set up like this SharedMusic>>Artist - Album Title

So under SharedMusic I have folders for the Artist - Album Title

Ive set my Music Path to SharedMusic

the XBMC library has been bult but whenever I try to search or try automatic download of cdarts nothing is found

Can someone please help - dont know where Im going wrong

Thanks

Arrrgggh - think all I had to do was try Build Database - seems to be doing something now at least

If your music is set up in that format:

Artist - Album/Track.mp3

You will need to set up an Artwork path for ClearLOGOs and Extrafanarts. This is because these are saved for skins to use with folders named just by the artist name:

Artist
----extrafanart
--------fanart1.jpg
--------fanart2.jpg
----fanart.jpg
----logo.jpg

The script should handle almost any path format for cdARTs and Cover Arts.
Hello,
I'd like to use the backup function of cdART Manager but I'm encountering some troubles...
I'm running version 1.5.2 under Windows with skin Aeon Nox.
In the cdART Manager screen, I can see at the bottom quite alot of Local Artists, Local Albums and Local cdARTs.
As it took quite a long time to download, I'd like to backup this data and recover it on another XBMC.
To back it up, I chose a path for that backup and went to Advanced, cdART Backup, Backup cdART Files
A popup comes stating Copying cdARTs... and then the screen looks like frozen.
In the XBMC log I can read this :
12:31:45 T:1148 M:2333671424 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - ############################################################
12:31:45 T:1148 M:2333671424 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - # cdART Manager #
12:31:45 T:1148 M:2333671424 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - # gui.py module #
12:31:45 T:1148 M:2333671424 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - # script.cdartmanager #
12:31:45 T:1148 M:2333671424 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - # Giftie #
12:31:45 T:1148 M:2333671424 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - # 1.5.2 #
12:31:45 T:1148 M:2333671424 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - # Ppic, Reaven, Imaginos, redje, Jair, #
12:31:45 T:1148 M:2333671424 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - # Chaos_666, Magnatism, Kode #
12:31:45 T:1148 M:2333671424 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - # Thanks for the help... #
12:31:45 T:1148 M:2333671424 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - ############################################################
12:31:45 T:1148 M:2333671424 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Setting up Script
12:31:45 T:1148 M:2307657728 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Addon Db found - Loading Counts
12:31:46 T:1148 M:2308034560 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Refreshing Counts
12:31:46 T:1148 M:2307452928 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Saving Missing cdART list to backup folder
12:31:55 T:1148 M:2308530176 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Copying cdARTs to Backup folder
12:31:55 T:1148 M:2308243456 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - cdART #: 0
12:31:55 T:1148 M:2308243456 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Artist: '<field>Morcheeba' Album: 'Beats & B-Sides'
12:31:55 T:1148 M:2308243456 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Album Path: E:\MUSIC\Albums\Morcheeba\cdart.png
12:31:55 T:1148 M:2308239360 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Destination Path: E:\bkp_cdart\<field>Morcheeba

I assume the problem lies with the "<field>" stuff in the path...
I found that this text comes from the python file gui.py at line 852
The cdart.png file from Album Path is correctly existing...

Any idea how to solve this issue ?
TIA
I removed the entry with the <field> stuff (that deleted the cdart.png file from the folder) but have no success backuping the thing...

After more than 3 hours of processing (I let it with the frozen screen), it used alot of CPU but nothing happened.
And pressing Esc, X or Q does not works for quitting the cdART Manager screen...
I'll try to leave it working all night to see if it finally works (as the process is using CPU, there probably is something happening...)
More news tomorrow

Regards
I am actually planning on removing this function. As you would need to lose your music collection to lose the cdARTs(since they are stored in the same place)

The reason it still does not work after you deleted the cdart.png, is that the script has all the data store in a database which has not been rebuilt since you deleted the file.

I think I may have found the error causing the <field> to show up. need to test it out a bit..
After a complete night running, nothing more happened
Do you mean you will remove the complete backup function ?
the cdart.png is indeed in the same folder has the music but all the rest (cover arts, fan-arts, clearlogos) are stored in my xbmc profile...
Maybe I misconfigured the stuff... if all those thumbnails (cover arts, fan-arts, clearlogos) could be stored with the music, that'd be great for me as I'm travelling with my disk between 2 xbmc systems...
teddybeer Wrote:After a complete night running, nothing more happened
Do you mean you will remove the complete backup function ?
the cdart.png is indeed in the same folder has the music but all the rest (cover arts, fan-arts, clearlogos) are stored in my xbmc profile...
Maybe I misconfigured the stuff... if all those thumbnails (cover arts, fan-arts, clearlogos) could be stored with the music, that'd be great for me as I'm travelling with my disk between 2 xbmc systems...

The Backup and Unique Copy(both single and bulk) functions only work on cdARTs. I never added the new object to these functions(logos, fanart, covers) as I am intending on removing this feature.

cdARTs and Cover Arts are stored in the music path(Artist/Album/folder.jpg and cdart.png) I am sure of this unless you changed the code... The other two, fanarts(and extrafanarts) and logo.png are stored in what ever you have set as a Music Library Path in the settings. This can be set to be exact as the music path, though keep in mind that it uses the artist actual name to make the path way(i.e. it's P!nk not Pink..) I personally have my music artwork(fanarts and logos) saved to a separate folder(still on my music drive) This way I can keep my music fairly clean(I don't mind the cdART in the folder.)