Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
giftie Wrote:All artists can be easily added to cdART Manager(I posted about this a while ago but really did not get any responses) The only problem is if the Artist folder does not exist in the 'Music Library Path', ie an artist from a Compilation CD, the script would make a folder in the path for this artist. Not a problem, but just creates a somewhat empty folder(just images, no music) in the users music library(if that is what 'Music Library Path' is set to.) I personnally have my 'Music Library Path' set to an artwork only path(logos, fanarts only) which keeps my music library nice and clean.

Probably missed that one Oo
I have al lot of singles. Around 20.000 spread over 7000 artists. They are all arranged by year folders so i would definitely need a separate folder for the fanart. As i can remember almost all skins follow your script guidelines so whatever you chose they will follow Laugh

Same for cdart.png
Saw some one requesting (Nox thread) if it would be possible to also place the spinning disc separate from the fanart. BigNoid response: "only if Giftie adds this option"

So this would require some additional settings in your add-on to get this going. Second is how to get the cdart working properly then? Seems useless to me to have all those extra folders for albums/cds just for the cdart. Maybe some filenaming like you do with the backup function. "Artist/album-cd1.png" or something like that.

So +1 for me on the all artist fanart Nod
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Probably missed that one Oo
I have al lot of singles. Around 20.000 spread over 7000 artists. They are all arranged by year folders so i would definitely need a separate folder for the fanart. As i can remember almost all skins follow your script guidelines so whatever you chose they will follow Laugh
I'll be adding the option for 'All Artists' in the next release
Quote:Same for cdart.png
Saw some one requesting (Nox thread) if it would be possible to also place the spinning disc separate from the fanart. BigNoid response: "only if Giftie adds this option"
I wish people can read between the lines.. BigNoid's response really: "go to the cdART Manager thread and request this feature" lol.. tough searching every thread and catching all the requests..
Quote:So this would require some additional settings in your add-on to get this going. Second is how to get the cdart working properly then? Seems useless to me to have all those extra folders for albums/cds just for the cdart. Maybe some filenaming like you do with the backup function. "Artist/album-cd1.png" or something like that.
The easiest and maybe best solution is to store all the artwork into an artwork folder. (optional of course)
Quote:So +1 for me on the all artist fanart Nod
giftie Wrote:I'll be adding the option for 'All Artists' in the next release
Great Nod

Quote:I wish people can read between the lines.. BigNoid's response really: "go to the cdART Manager thread and request this feature" lol.. tough searching every thread and catching all the requests..
Hmm misquoted a little Blush Well in the end it comes down to you adding this feature Wink
Well usually i find things by just random clicking

Indeed people should read more. It is surprising how many questions there are which you can easily find some where on the forum or wiki.

Quote:The easiest and maybe best solution is to store all the artwork into an artwork folder. (optional of course)
Mayby a separate enabling option for:
  • albums
  • single
No you quoted correctly..

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Probably missed that one Oo
Hmm misquoted a little Blush Well in the end it comes down to you adding this feature Wink
Well usually i find things by just random clicking
Same here..
Quote:Mayby a separate enabling option for:
  • albums
  • single

Is the Singles being stored as albums in the database? Do they have separate Ablum titles(the title of the single release?) And is the single title available from MusicBrainz?

The script does try to match via the Album Title. The title is matched(against MusicBrainz) first against albums, then against singles.

Or am I misunderstanding the request...
giftie Wrote:cdART Template for GIMP

http://fanart.tv/resources/fanart-cd-template-v1.xcf - Thanks Sekhmet
Instructions

Can anyone make a move with all the steps for this cd making? I don't need detailed descriptions, just move from beginning till end showing whole process.
I think it will help to gather more arts. Fanart.tv looks quite small compare to allcdcovers.com
Hey i'm having big problems trying to get this working, I can't seem to create my addon database.

I haven't built the database yet, however when i goto settings > update addon database i just get an error.

Code:
20:38:08 T:2905602928  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Setting up Script
20:38:09 T:2905602928  NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Addon Db Not Found - Building New Addon Db
20:38:09 T:2905602928   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - Setting Up Database
20:38:09 T:2905602928   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] -     addon_work_path: /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager/
20:38:09 T:2905602928   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - Retrieving Album Info from XBMC's Music DB
20:38:09 T:2905602928    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogProgress.xml
20:38:09 T:2905602928   DEBUG: DialogProgress::StartModal called
20:38:09 T:2905602928   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogProgress.xml) ------
20:38:09 T:2905602928   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - dharma_code - Retrieving Album List
20:38:09 T:2905602928   DEBUG: [json_utils.py] - JSONRPC Query -
                                            {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.GetAlbums", "params": {"fields": ["title", "artist"] }, "id": 1}
20:38:09 T:2905602928   DEBUG: [json_utils.py] - retrieve_json_dict - JSONRPC -
                                            {"error":{"code":-32602,"data":{"message":"Too many parameters","method":"AudioLibrary.GetAlbums"},"message":"Invalid params."},"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}
20:38:09 T:2905602928   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
20:38:09 T:2905602928   ERROR:   File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/lib/json_utils.py", line 27, in retrieve_json_dict
20:38:09 T:2905602928   ERROR:     result = response['result']
20:38:09 T:2905602928   ERROR: KeyError: 'result'
20:38:09 T:2905602928   DEBUG: [json_utils.py] - retrieve_json_dict - Error trying to get json response
20:38:09 T:2905602928   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
20:38:09 T:2905602928   ERROR:   File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/lib/gui.py", line 147, in onInit
20:38:09 T:2905602928   ERROR:     self.setup_all()
20:38:09 T:2905602928   ERROR:   File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/lib/gui.py", line 1010, in setup_all
20:38:09 T:2905602928   ERROR:     local_album_count, local_artist_count, local_cdart_count = new_database_setup( self.background )
20:38:09 T:2905602928   ERROR:   File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/lib/database.py", line 331, in new_database_setup
20:38:09 T:2905602928   ERROR:     local_album_list = get_xbmc_database_info( background )
20:38:09 T:2905602928   ERROR:   File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/lib/database.py", line 54, in get_xbmc_database_info
20:38:09 T:2905602928   ERROR:     album_list, total = retrieve_album_list()
20:38:09 T:2905602928   ERROR:   File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/lib/dharma_code.py", line 19, in retrieve_album_list
20:38:09 T:2905602928   ERROR:     return json_albums, len(json_albums)
20:38:09 T:2905602928   ERROR: TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

any clues?
Not sure which version of XBMC you are using, need a full debug log to determine that. If you are using Dharma 10 or 10.1: Do you have your music library created?

Jeax Wrote:Hey i'm having big problems trying to get this working, I can't seem to create my addon database.

I haven't built the database yet, however when i goto settings > update addon database i just get an error.

any clues?
biochip Wrote:Can anyone make a move with all the steps for this cd making? I don't need detailed descriptions, just move from beginning till end showing whole process.
I think it will help to gather more arts. Fanart.tv looks quite small compare to allcdcovers.com

Try this.. http://www.mediafire.com/file/qagihb6wau...mplate.zip

Though it's not a video, it does have pictures Big Grin It also contains a better template(Better transparencies).
giftie Wrote:Is the Singles being stored as albums in the database? Do they have separate Ablum titles(the title of the single release?) And is the single title available from MusicBrainz?

The script does try to match via the Album Title. The title is matched(against MusicBrainz) first against albums, then against singles.

Or am I misunderstanding the request...

Singles always have empty "album" id3 tags or else they will be listed under 'albums'.
What i meant was that some only want to download fanart/logos for artists who have albums and some both albums/singles.
Don't think it will be be any use to for download cdart so it will only apply to artists.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Singles always have empty "album" id3 tags or else they will be listed under 'albums'.
What i meant was that some only want to download fanart/logos for artists who have albums and some both albums/singles.
Don't think it will be be any use to for download cdart so it will only apply to artists.

Oh I see what you mean by a singles. I thought you were talking about a Single Release(a disc containing a few songs of an upcoming Album release.)

When I add the All Artists to the fanarts and logos(as you said, the only useful ones) the script will be able to download Fanarts and logos for artist stored in XBMC's Library - even if they don't have any Albums...
Deleted (sorry put this in the wrong spot)
I have deleted my userdata folder after following the instructions posted on page 23 of this thread, but it doesn't help.

Anyway, I am running 10.1 Dharma and 1.5.3 cdart manager. I am getting the error "Problem Acessing Folder" error.

Xp Sp3, Amd

Here's my log:

http://pastebin.com/mUCUu7AR
is there any way to run cdART manager as a standalone script without the gui? Just through the python terminal? e.g
Code:
python cdArt.py "/mnt/Music/"
or something similar? or is it totally out of the cards?

I'm only asking this because there seems to be lots of dependencies issues with openelec and cdart manager (I havent been able to get it working since using openelec) which currently unfortunately means i have album art, but no artist art at the moment, but xbmc won't scrape my media as it seems to assume if i have album art i will have artist art too!

Any help would be apreciated, i'm running

Code:
20:36:38 T:3020482832  NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: Linux (OpenELEC_EDEN - Version: devel-20111016201717-r8499, 3.1.0-rc9 i686). Built on Oct 16 2011 (Git:70537d2)

I'm running this eden openelec version, and it just says Dependencies not met when trying to install cdart manager from either zip or repo
Sorry no standalone mode.

I wonder what dependencies OpenElec is missing. The script needs two, salute and PIL. Both of which should be available for OpenElec to be compatible with XBMC.

Jeax Wrote:is there any way to run cdART manager as a standalone script without the gui? Just through the python terminal? e.g
Code:
python cdArt.py "/mnt/Music/"
or something similar? or is it totally out of the cards?

I'm only asking this because there seems to be lots of dependencies issues with openelec and cdart manager (I havent been able to get it working since using openelec) which currently unfortunately means i have album art, but no artist art at the moment, but xbmc won't scrape my media as it seems to assume if i have album art i will have artist art too!

Any help would be apreciated, i'm running

Code:
20:36:38 T:3020482832  NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: Linux (OpenELEC_EDEN - Version: devel-20111016201717-r8499, 3.1.0-rc9 i686). Built on Oct 16 2011 (Git:70537d2)

I'm running this eden openelec version, and it just says Dependencies not met when trying to install cdart manager from either zip or repo
Have you tried using a Dharma release? I'm also using the Eden release generic build which fails on dependencies, but it might just be something not in the Eden version (like nano is in the Dharma release but doesn't seem to be in the Eden version) so it might be something that the openelec team need to know about rather than giftie.