Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

i have a problem with the fanarts. The Script is downloading the Pictures from the Artists and stored them in my Userfolder (Windows) but there won't be shown in XBMC.

1. Is there anything to activate in XBMC ?
2. Where should be the fanarts stored?

My cdART(s) are stored in

Music\Artist\Album\Track1.mp3
Music\Artist\Album\cdart.png

With them haven't I got any problems Wink
Floriannnnn Wrote:Hello,

i have a problem with the fanarts. The Script is downloading the Pictures from the Artists and stored them in my Userfolder (Windows) but there won't be shown in XBMC.

1. Is there anything to activate in XBMC ?
2. Where should be the fanarts stored?

My cdART(s) are stored in

Music\Artist\Album\Track1.mp3
Music\Artist\Album\cdart.png

With them haven't I got any problems Wink

You need to find somewhere in skin settings this line: path to music library.
Both CDartmanager and the skin need to point to the same folder.
Hi! Thanks for your quick reply!

I have stored my Music on the network

Y:\Genres\Artist\Album

I've set the path in the CdART Manager to Y: and in the Skin MQ3 to Y: but it doesn't work.

Where should be stored the Fanart Jpg's?

If I chose an artist there are already sometimes a background picturce but not from the CDArt Plugin (fanart.tv)
I don't know where they are coming from

Maybe the Scrapper Allmusic is the problem? Huh
For anyone having problems with the script reporting 'Depenencies Not Met' while trying to install, here is a link to a working version of the same one that is available on the Official Repo.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9mikr3cvvm....2.5.1.zip
Most skins and the script work with expecting the path to be:
\Artist\Album. If your music is stored by Genre first, the artwork will not work with the path you gave.

If you Music is stored with Genre type being the parent of the rest(ie Y:\Rock\ACDC\Back in Black) you can create an artwork folder. Set both the skin and the scripts 'Path to Music Library' to the same location(ie Y:\Artwork) Then all the extrafanarts and clearLogos with go here and then will show properly with most skins.

Floriannnnn Wrote:Hi! Thanks for your quick reply!

I have stored my Music on the network

Y:\Genres\Artist\Album

I've set the path in the CdART Manager to Y: and in the Skin MQ3 to Y: but it doesn't work.

Where should be stored the Fanart Jpg's?

If I chose an artist there are already sometimes a background picturce but not from the CDArt Plugin (fanart.tv)
I don't know where they are coming from

Maybe the Scrapper Allmusic is the problem? Huh
cberg1890 Wrote:I have deleted my userdata folder after following the instructions posted on page 23 of this thread, but it doesn't help.

Anyway, I am running 10.1 Dharma and 1.5.3 cdart manager. I am getting the error "Problem Acessing Folder" error.

Xp Sp3, Amd

Here's my log:

http://pastebin.com/mUCUu7AR

Is this a log after you deleted the userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager folder?
giftie Wrote:Good news(well of sorts) the database has the file path as it needs to be. So the problem lies in when the database is read back(I think I know where.)

It definitely is because the path ends with the single quote.

Does this mean you intend to address this issue, or is there someway I can workaround the problem?
giftie Wrote:For anyone having problems with the script reporting 'Depenencies Not Met' while trying to install, here is a link to a working version of the same one that is available on the Official Repo.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9mikr3cvvm....2.5.1.zip

This seems to have removed the issue, just curious: what was the solution?
Jeax Wrote:This seems to have removed the issue, just curious: what was the solution?

I had the script still looking for a script.module that was available in Dharma, but not needed in Eden(it is built in to the system Python.) My Eden system is actually installed over my old Dharma version, so the module was still there. OpenElec is usually a fresh install, so it does not have the script.module as required. Took out the requirement, works on Normal Eden and OpenElec Eden...
MacLeod_1980 Wrote:Does this mean you intend to address this issue, or is there someway I can workaround the problem?

I have it fixed in development.. I probably will not be able get an update to XBMC's repo for a little while(my internet is down for an unknown amount of time and my phone does not have quite the power needed Smile )
Hey there, installed OPENELEC, added sources for my network shares (movies, tv shows and music)
everything works properly, but my music sources wont show up in the configuration.
I just get: "Storage", "Media", "Root filesystem" and "Home folder".
In storage there is a "music" folder but it doesnt seem to be mine because:

A) it dont work
B) Mine has a capital M

There arent any particular errors in the debug log.
Quote:ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager
22:42:35 T:139873970644736 M:1519722496 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.

That's it.

Not sure how to go about this. Any ideas?
Cheers
grumpygamer Wrote:Hey there, installed OPENELEC, added sources for my network shares (movies, tv shows and music)
everything works properly, but my music sources wont show up in the configuration.
I just get: "Storage", "Media", "Root filesystem" and "Home folder".
In storage there is a "music" folder but it doesnt seem to be mine because:

A) it dont work
B) Mine has a capital M

There arent any particular errors in the debug log.

That's it.

Not sure how to go about this. Any ideas?
Cheers

Even though you added the music source as a Source in the music section, you will still need to add it as a Source to the file system. To do this you need to open the File Manager(available from the drop down menu on the settings tab on the home page). Then scroll to the add source. After doing this it should be available to the script.
Hi,

some beginner questions (just testet Eden with MQ3, used Dharma with MQ2 before):

I only have a DB for movies and TV Series and use EMM for this, not the inserted scapers of XBMC.
I tried to use them for my music, but I think my mp3 tags are too bad for this.

Therefore I only use folders with folder.jpg

Can I use CDArt Manager to find more grafik-files without having my music organized in a DB?

What filenames are used for all grafik-files?

I think the CD ist cdart.png and the cover is folder.jpg (i still use folder.jpg).

What file names are usually used for the other graphics cdart will find?
(I think the background is Artist.tbn and the ClearLOGOs is logo.png?)

Can you make a list of them?

Thankz.
Siutsch Wrote:Hi,

some beginner questions (just testet Eden with MQ3, used Dharma with MQ2 before):

I only have a DB for movies and TV Series and use EMM for this, not the inserted scapers of XBMC.
I tried to use them for my music, but I think my mp3 tags are too bad for this.

Therefore I only use folders with folder.jpg

Can I use CDArt Manager to find more grafik-files without having my music organized in a DB?

What filenames are used for all grafik-files?

I think the CD ist cdart.png and the cover is folder.jpg (i still use folder.jpg).

What file names are usually used for the other graphics cdart will find?
(I think the background is Artist.tbn and the ClearLOGOs is logo.png?)

Can you make a list of them?

Thankz.

cdART - cdart.png
cover Art - folder.jpg
Fanart - fanart.jpg
ClearLogo - logo.png

The script uses XBMC's music library and expects the order of the music to be stored in a specific method:

\Artist\Album\tracks.mp3(flac, wav, m4a, etc..)

The script and fanart.tv also uses MusicBrainz to provide the best accuracy. Using MusicBrainz Picard is very good idea for cleaning up your music(proper tags)