Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-08-16, 16:05)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:yeh great band.
the tags are right and i rebuilt the xbmc database just in case that was it but it didnt do any good.
seems ive found a fix but its still not working how it should.
i had existing thumbs in the artist folders that the script wouldnt ovewrite. i manually removed a couple of these thumbs as a test and it seems the script will download new thumbs now but it still wont overite the smaller "undersize" thumbs. and yes i do have ovewrite existing low-res thumbs checked in the options.
so it seems theres may be a problem with the overwrite function in the latest version of the script?

You found the bug. The size check is missing from Artist Thumbs. The next release will replace anything under 1000x1000.

ah cool. glad its not my library coz i wa running out of ideas. thanks giftie.
(2012-08-16, 19:58)Hellnino18 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a full debug log file giftie : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6740

The problem is that XBMC does not have any fanarts/thumbnails for artists. Did you set the scraper to Universal Music scraper before you scanned your music into the library? Tried both the version you have and Eden, they both produced the 'error' that you were getting(I don't concider it a real error as it just XBMC unable to provide a path since it doesn't have one) There isn't a fix or a work around(in Eden, there will be one on Frodo(fingers crossed)) The script can't put a path into the music database.

There is a work around, (not a nice one) you need to go through the artists and check/refresh the info of the artists(with having the scraper set to the Universal Music scraper)
Ok then... But I don't understand why it doesn't display all my thumbs already downloaded (before the reinstall) and present in my cdart folder (by artist). It display only the new thumbs downloaded.

I don't use Universal Music Scraper, but Allmusic (default). Maybe I could change Smile

But this problem with thumbs is weird...
Hi, what is the best way to open missing.txt file? When I opening it in notepad, wordpad or in word 2010 all the columns are moved around and difficult to read Sad
(2012-08-17, 08:14)Hellnino18 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok then... But I don't understand why it doesn't display all my thumbs already downloaded (before the reinstall) and present in my cdart folder (by artist). It display only the new thumbs downloaded.

I don't use Universal Music Scraper, but Allmusic (default). Maybe I could change Smile

As far as I know All Music is broken(it doesn't work very well now anyways) Universal uses multiple sources to find music.

(2012-08-17, 22:18)biochip Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, what is the best way to open missing.txt file? When I opening it in notepad, wordpad or in word 2010 all the columns are moved around and difficult to read Sad

It's because only line feeds are being sent to the text file(Notepad++ works well) I'll have it fixed for the next release.
(2012-08-18, 03:08)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-17, 08:14)Hellnino18 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok then... But I don't understand why it doesn't display all my thumbs already downloaded (before the reinstall) and present in my cdart folder (by artist). It display only the new thumbs downloaded.

As far as I know All Music is broken(it doesn't work very well now anyways) Universal uses multiple sources to find music.

Ok then, but it won't resolv the problem for the thumbs already downladed with my previous version...

If I try to delete the folder.jpg in every folder (I tried for all my artists with the M), and I relaunch cdart Manager, it download all deleted images, then it display it in the Music library... I think there is a problem with thumbs. What do you think?
Apologies if this has been asked/answered before Giftie, but since cdArt is now at the stage it is (must-have add-on) I thought i'd ask...

Something that's been bugging me for a while is the fact that when you have tracks that already contain album art (embedded) and a folder.jpg file, and the folder.jpg file is overwritten by a higher quality one, links for it are added to the track(s) in question, but the lower quality art that is already embedded into the file isn't touched.

Since the add-on is able to add the links to the track tags (as far as i'm seeing in MediaMonkey) would it be possible to add a feature that also replaces the default embedded art for compatible files?
^ Gibxxi, are you saying CDArt Manager edits the ID3 tags of the mp3s? I would hope that's not the case by default. I like to keep sfv & md5's for my mp3s to monitor any corruption and the like. They'd be rendered useless if CDArt manager is writing to the mp3's themselves in any way, obviously.
(2012-08-19, 23:55)TheRed Wrote: [ -> ]^ Gibxxi, are you saying CDArt Manager edits the ID3 tags of the mp3s? I would hope that's not the case by default. I like to keep sfv & md5's for my mp3s to monitor any corruption and the like. They'd be rendered useless if CDArt manager is writing to the mp3's themselves in any way, obviously.

that's not what he says
(2012-08-19, 08:46)gibxxi Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies if this has been asked/answered before Giftie, but since cdArt is now at the stage it is (must-have add-on) I thought i'd ask...

Something that's been bugging me for a while is the fact that when you have tracks that already contain album art (embedded) and a folder.jpg file, and the folder.jpg file is overwritten by a higher quality one, links for it are added to the track(s) in question, but the lower quality art that is already embedded into the file isn't touched.

Since the add-on is able to add the links to the track tags (as far as i'm seeing in MediaMonkey) would it be possible to add a feature that also replaces the default embedded art for compatible files?

I don't plan on it, since I dislike having embedded artwork anyways Smile I clean my music with MusicBrainz Picard(embedded artwork, Excess tags) before adding it to my library. The add-on doesn't touch the music files in any way(tags, etc.) it retrieves all it's info from XBMC.

(2012-08-19, 23:55)TheRed Wrote: [ -> ]^ Gibxxi, are you saying CDArt Manager edits the ID3 tags of the mp3s? I would hope that's not the case by default. I like to keep sfv & md5's for my mp3s to monitor any corruption and the like. They'd be rendered useless if CDArt manager is writing to the mp3's themselves in any way, obviously.

Not to worry, cdART Manager doesn't even touch the music files.

OK, my mistake. Looks like another of the (many) strange things that happens when using MediaMonkey. Not to worry, i'll find another solution. Have tried Picard, didn't like it much, but that's just me.

Half my music / audio collection being the sort of stuff that will NEVER appear on MusicBrainz doesn't help (Custom game soundtracks / Radio Shows /etc).

Smile
(2012-08-18, 09:51)Hellnino18 Wrote: [ -> ]If I try to delete the folder.jpg in every folder (I tried for all my artists with the M), and I relaunch cdart Manager, it download all deleted images, then it display it in the Music library... I think there is a problem with thumbs. What do you think?

Do you have an idea about that giftie?

Thanks for your help.
(2012-08-16, 14:32)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-16, 12:55)Ghostdivision Wrote: [ -> ]I just have a question as well, recently I added an artist, it has cdart as per fanart.tv, the name of the artist is correct in xbmc as well as well as my folder, it is exactly the same on musicbrainz, and fanart.tv as well, but the artist is not showing up in cdart, i cannot locate this artist in cdart, it wont find any cdart or artist art either, doing a search in cdart manually shows the artist not listed either. Im not sure why, i know those details are grim but I am unsure what is wrong.

I refreshed the database as well as checked for missing mbid, refreshing the database as i watch the progress notices the artist, when I select check for missing mbids it skips right over it. And then the artist is also not accessible in cdart if i search artists.

If you go into Advanced -> Modify Database -> Edit Album -> Change MBID -> Select Artist, and artist list with MBIDs will show up. Then find your artist -> does the MBID match? If so, select the artist, now the album should show up -> does the Album MBID match? If so, verify that the MBID on fanart.tv matches the MBID on MusicBrainz. Sometimes MBID gets updated on MusicBrainz since the artist was added to fanart.tv, this causes the problem. For instance Beyoncé has been updated on MusicBrainz, but fanart.tv has the old MBID. The work around is to change the MBID in cdART Manager for the artist(done by Edit Artist -. Change MBID)

Sorry for the delay, i cant even find the artist, the artist is present in xbmc, and fanart.tv has an artist page, but its like cdart wont recognize the artist or cd, and she does have a fanart.tv page... Its quite odd. So going to the above suggested area to locate the mbid, there was no entry for the artist with a MBID.
(2012-08-20, 01:48)gibxxi Wrote: [ -> ]OK, my mistake. Looks like another of the (many) strange things that happens when using MediaMonkey. Not to worry, i'll find another solution. Have tried Picard, didn't like it much, but that's just me.

Half my music / audio collection being the sort of stuff that will NEVER appear on MusicBrainz doesn't help (Custom game soundtracks / Radio Shows /etc).

Smile

gibxxi, just wondering what you came up with for this as i have the same problem?
my embedded arts are all small 200px approx thumbs which look crappy when viewing in wmp or other media players. much prefer to get the higher res arts embedded if i can.