Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to know also. I'll pass the info on to the rest of the team.
(2012-10-04, 05:10)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]If you are comfortable with editing the addons database, you can edit it.

OK, will do some test edits. Thanks

scott s.

(2012-10-04, 19:08)briddles Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-04, 03:36)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]You must be using OpenElec, am I correct? The addon works perfectly fine as is on all XBMC's supplied versions. OpenElec does not compile a script module that the addon needs when it is compiled.

Thanks Giftie .... and yes, you are correct, OpenELEC. Has this been fed back to the OpenELEC team? If not, I'll do it myself. What is the script module they need to include?

Cheers

(2012-10-04, 20:43)lrusak Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to know also. I'll pass the info on to the rest of the team.

The script module PIL is not being built. Instead it is being installed into the system Python, this is why it the addon works when the requirement is removed from the addon.xml..
although the current latest version is a test build for eden i would like to know if there is a frodo version in the works Big Grin
(2012-10-08, 19:48)vanMiez Wrote: [ -> ]although the current latest version is a test build for eden i would like to know if there is a frodo version in the works Big Grin

It should work, I am using the current Master myself. Though I know there are issues, such as XBMC hangs if you try to run cdART Manager after another addon that uses a GUI(skin) or sometimes fails to create its own GUI(skin) These are issues with the change in XBMC's scripting engine. I'm trying to get some good logging and backtraces for the developers for these problems.
mine refuses to build its own database
(2012-10-09, 07:15)vanMiez Wrote: [ -> ]mine refuses to build its own database

I know I've tested building the database this weekend with a build from Friday. And it is currently rebuilding my database from a build compiled this afternoon. The main difference between a build and an update is how much MusicBrainz queried. It could be a GUI issue or a MusicBrainz query issue. It could also be a problem with the JSONRPC query. I need a full debug log to figure it out.
strange... Rebooted everything to provide you a clean debug log and now it seems like it is working normal
Before it constantly said that my musicdb wasn't build. Will have a look at it and report back if it fails again.

EDIT:

and again...

there you go: debug log

hope you can find the glitch
(2012-10-03, 02:52)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-02, 17:31)mogodon Wrote: [ -> ]Probably not too much point me posting this without a logfile, but I've now tried to create the database three times, and every time that I do it seems to reset itself to zero local artists once "complete". I have nearly 20 thousand local discs so I don't know if this is just SQL not being able to handle the number of records or something I'm doing wrong.

I'm using the 2.75 script minus the dependency line. My music is stored on a NAS connected via LAN to an Acer Revo running OpenElec. It takes about 48 hours to scan the full database and I've set it to use local folders to store the artwork rather than my NAS.

I've just removed the script folder from userdata, put xbmc in debug mode and open the program again.

I will post the log to pastebin in due course but wondered whether it's down to the size of my collection?

Size should not matter as long as XBMC does not have any trouble with it.. The script does not access the database directory, it asks XBMC for the info. A full debug log is always needed to trouble shoot. if you find it really big, just zip it and post it through dropbox or simliar, I expect with 20,000 albums it will be...

Giftie

I've DM'd a link to my log, settings, database, missing.txt and a couple of screenshots.

The whole scan took around 48 hours and the screenshots indicate that the program is aware of the no. of artists/local discs however only "!!!" seem to be recognised as existing in the database.

Can't see much in the debug log, in fact it almost looks like it stopped recording activity after !!! were scanned in.

Hopefully you can make some sense of it along with the database itself.

Thanks

Mog

Hi,

First I had a source for my mp3 files in XBMC that I scanned succesfully. And then used cdArt manager to get more data about all the artists in the library.
I didn't realize that allmusic was broken so naturally I didn't get any information about the artists and so on. I then fixed my mp3 tags and reorganized and moved the music folder to a different server and added that to XBMC instead.
I then discovered that I needed a working audio scraper so I set up the Universal scraper to fetch data. So now I can get information about album and artists.
But for some reason cdArt manager doesn't work anymore. When I run it, it goes through all my artists to build the addon database and in the end it says that there is no XBMC database and it won't create the addon db.

Any idea what could be wrong?

I noticed this in the logfile:
Quote:12:21:22 T:2527054656 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling audiolibrary.getalbumdetails
12:21:22 T:2527054656 DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - jsonrpc_calls - Retrieving Album Path
12:21:22 T:2527054656 DEBUG: [json_utils.py] - JSONRPC Query -
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.GetSongs", "params": { "properties": ["file", "musicbrainzalbumartistid"], "filter":
{ "albumid": 1 }, "sort": {"method":"fullpath","order":"ascending"} }, "id": 1}
12:21:22 T:2527054656 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.GetSongs", "params": { "properties": ["file", "musicbrainzalbumartistid
"], "filter": { "albumid": 1 }, "sort": {"method":"fullpath","order":"ascending"} }, "id": 1}
12:21:22 T:2527054656 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling audiolibrary.getsongs
12:21:22 T:2527054656 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
12:21:22 T:2527054656 ERROR: File "/home/jp/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/lib/json_utils.py", line 26, in retrieve_json_dict
12:21:22 T:2527054656 ERROR: result = response['result']
12:21:22 T:2527054656 ERROR: KeyError: 'result'
12:21:22 T:2527054656 NOTICE: [json_utils.py] - retrieve_json_dict - JSONRPC -
{'jsonrpc': '2.0', 'id': 1, 'error': {'message': 'Invalid params.', 'code': -32602, 'data': {'message': 'Too many parameters', 'method': 'AudioLibrary.GetSongs', 'stack': {'property': {'type': None, 'name': 'order'}, 'type': None, 'name': 'sort'}}}}
12:21:22 T:2527054656 NOTICE: [json_utils.py] - retrieve_json_dict - Error trying to get json response

12:21:22 T:2527054656 DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - jsonrpc_calls - Retrieving Album Details
12:22:14 T:3008186944 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogOK.xml) ------
12:22:14 T:2527054656 DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - XBMC Music Library does not exist, aborting database creation

I have the full logfile if needed.
(2012-10-10, 16:25)jorgenp Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

First I had a source for my mp3 files in XBMC that I scanned succesfully. And then used cdArt manager to get more data about all the artists in the library.
I didn't realize that allmusic was broken so naturally I didn't get any information about the artists and so on. I then fixed my mp3 tags and reorganized and moved the music folder to a different server and added that to XBMC instead.
I then discovered that I needed a working audio scraper so I set up the Universal scraper to fetch data. So now I can get information about album and artists.
But for some reason cdArt manager doesn't work anymore. When I run it, it goes through all my artists to build the addon database and in the end it says that there is no XBMC database and it won't create the addon db.

Quote:12:21:22 T:2527054656 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling audiolibrary.getalbumdetails
12:21:22 T:2527054656 DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - jsonrpc_calls - Retrieving Album Path
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.GetSongs", "params": { "properties": ["file", "musicbrainzalbumartistid"], "filter":
12:21:22 T:2527054656 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.GetSongs", "params": { "properties": ["file", "musicbrainzalbumartistid
"], "filter": { "albumid": 1 }, "sort": {"method":"fullpath","order":"ascending"} }, "id": 1}
12:21:22 T:2527054656 ERROR: File "/home/jp/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/lib/json_utils.py", line 26, in retrieve_json_dict
{'jsonrpc': '2.0', 'id': 1, 'error': {'message': 'Invalid params.', 'code': -32602, 'data': {'message': 'Too many parameters', 'method': 'AudioLibrary.GetSongs', 'stack': {'property': {'type': None, 'name': 'order'}, 'type': None, 'name': 'sort'}}}}
12:21:22 T:2527054656 NOTICE: [json_utils.py] - retrieve_json_dict - Error trying to get json response

12:21:22 T:2527054656 DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - jsonrpc_calls - Retrieving Album Details
12:22:14 T:2527054656 DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - XBMC Music Library does not exist, aborting database creation

I suspect that you are using an old Nightly build of XBMC or possibly a really new Nightly Build(newer than the one I'm running) A full log will tell me this.
(2012-10-09, 21:28)mogodon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-03, 02:52)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-02, 17:31)mogodon Wrote: [ -> ]Probably not too much point me posting this without a logfile, but I've now tried to create the database three times, and every time that I do it seems to reset itself to zero local artists once "complete". I have nearly 20 thousand local discs so I don't know if this is just SQL not being able to handle the number of records or something I'm doing wrong.

I'm using the 2.75 script minus the dependency line. My music is stored on a NAS connected via LAN to an Acer Revo running OpenElec. It takes about 48 hours to scan the full database and I've set it to use local folders to store the artwork rather than my NAS.

I've just removed the script folder from userdata, put xbmc in debug mode and open the program again.

I will post the log to pastebin in due course but wondered whether it's down to the size of my collection?

Size should not matter as long as XBMC does not have any trouble with it.. The script does not access the database directory, it asks XBMC for the info. A full debug log is always needed to trouble shoot. if you find it really big, just zip it and post it through dropbox or simliar, I expect with 20,000 albums it will be...

Giftie

I've DM'd a link to my log, settings, database, missing.txt and a couple of screenshots.

The whole scan took around 48 hours and the screenshots indicate that the program is aware of the no. of artists/local discs however only "!!!" seem to be recognised as existing in the database.

Can't see much in the debug log, in fact it almost looks like it stopped recording activity after !!! were scanned in.

Thanks

Mog

The log you sent was not a debug log(debugging needs to be turned on in XBMC) That's why it does not seem like anything has happened in the log. Could you put XBMC in to debug mode then try again. You can cancel after a little while.
(2012-10-09, 08:50)vanMiez Wrote: [ -> ]strange... Rebooted everything to provide you a clean debug log and now it seems like it is working normal
Before it constantly said that my musicdb wasn't build. Will have a look at it and report back if it fails again.

EDIT:

and again...

I can see that you posted the log, but for some reason I can't see the log... can you post it again?
(2012-10-10, 17:57)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-10, 16:25)jorgenp Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I suspect that you are using an old Nightly build of XBMC or possibly a really new Nightly Build(newer than the one I'm running) A full log will tell me this.
(2012-10-09, 21:28)mogodon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-03, 02:52)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]Size should not matter as long as XBMC does not have any trouble with it.. The script does not access the database directory, it asks XBMC for the info. A full debug log is always needed to trouble shoot. if you find it really big, just zip it and post it through dropbox or simliar, I expect with 20,000 albums it will be...

Giftie

Thanks

Mog

The log you sent was not a debug log(debugging needs to be turned on in XBMC) That's why it does not seem like anything has happened in the log. Could you put XBMC in to debug mode then try again. You can cancel after a little while.
(2012-10-09, 08:50)vanMiez Wrote: [ -> ]strange... Rebooted everything to provide you a clean debug log and now it seems like it is working normal

EDIT:

and again...

I can see that you posted the log, but for some reason I can't see the log... can you post it again?

Hmm it definitely was in debug mode. Had all the mince at the top but I will try it again.
I see...

seems like the log is much to long to paste it on any code sharing page. tried xbmclogs.com, pastebin.com, codepad.org, codepaste.net, pastecode.org and every single side crashed while uploading Huh in the end only pastie.org gave me feedback, that my paste exceeds the max value, so i've shortened the log a bit, by leaving most of the scanning out.

hope this helpes: shortened log

this one is a new log from today. i've installed xbmc completely (incl. user settings), reinstalled it and scanned the music library the whole night and day...

using: XBMC (12.0-ALPHA7 Git:20121008-054a227) (build from 09th oct.) on Win7 and cdartmanager 2.7.4

EDIT:
also the script crashes xbmc after failing to load the musicdb, which means i'm unable to close cdartmanager after running and have to kill xbmc completely.
Debug running. I've sent a partial log via DM to ensure I'm doing the right thing.
(2012-10-10, 20:12)vanMiez Wrote: [ -> ]I see...

seems like the log is much to long to paste it on any code sharing page. tried xbmclogs.com, pastebin.com, codepad.org, codepaste.net, pastecode.org and every single side crashed while uploading Huh in the end only pastie.org gave me feedback, that my paste exceeds the max value, so i've shortened the log a bit, by leaving most of the scanning out.

hope this helpes: shortened log

this one is a new log from today. i've installed xbmc completely (incl. user settings), reinstalled it and scanned the music library the whole night and day...

using: XBMC (12.0-ALPHA7 Git:20121008-054a227) (build from 09th oct.) on Win7 and cdartmanager 2.7.4

EDIT:
also the script crashes xbmc after failing to load the musicdb, which means i'm unable to close cdartmanager after running and have to kill xbmc completely.

I see the problem. They changed JSON RPC a little bit that caused the script to fail. I forgot that I already have it fixed in the next version.