Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ISO not playing, but extracted VIDEO_TS folder plays fine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

This is my fist post here, and I'm really hoping someone can help!

I have a number of DVDs in UDF ISO format copied to a hard drive. They have all been made the same way. XBMC is able to play 90% of them. For others nothing visible happens when I click the file in XBMC.

The strange thing is that for files that dont play as ISOs, if I extract the VIDEO_TS folder and play that, it plays just fine in XBMC!

I've posted the log at http://pastebin.org/395661 The relevant bit starts from line 271.

As seen in the log, first I attempt to play the ISO file, which doesn't work. I think the relevant debug log in this regards is "libdvdnav: DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed". This doesn't make sense since the ifo file exists.

Later in the log I try to play the extracted ISO folder (debug log line 396, which plays just fine.

I tried the latest few builds nightly builds but the problem is repeated. I an put up a test dvd (~20mb) if someone would like to try it for themselves Smile
that is usually a sign the iso ain't what you think it is, usually iso9660 + joliet. make sure it's a udf 1.02 + iso9660 level 1 iso as those are the only ones we can read (that's the spec for a real dvd).
Thanks for the feedback!

The iso is in udf + iso9660 level 1 format.

I made the iso (from the VIDEO_TS folder) using magicISO, which doesnt show me the udf version. However as I said before, most other iso's created this way work just fine for me.

If yo think the problem may be with magicISO, can you recomend another ISO creating utility for windows which will give more reliable results?