Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 2 little bugs (sound + controls) or is it just me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody:

I found two bugs in my XBMC installation:

1. When I deactivate the "use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" and then leave XBMC with ALT+TAB, do something in windows and then go back to XBMC the controls don't work (both remote and keyboard). If I try to restart the application Windows switches to the already open one and controls work. Strange, huh?

2. When watching .mkv videos with AAC sound, the sound stops working when I want to resume the movie after I paused it (I get Video with cracking sound instead). Anyone got the same problem? (ATI HD 5450 HDMI sound, Windows 7).

Thanks and all the best from Germany
nachtzwerg Wrote::1. When I deactivate the "use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" and then leave XBMC with ALT+TAB, do something in windows and then go back to XBMC the controls don't work (both remote and keyboard). If I try to restart the application Windows switches to the already open one and controls work. Strange, huh?

XBMC almost certainly thinks the Alt key is still down. XBMC doesn't inspect the keyboard state to track the Alt, Shift and Control keys, instead it relies on receiving a WM_KEYUP message. What build are you using? I thought this had been fixed, but maybe not.

Try alt-tabbing away, then go back to XBMC and if the keyboard doesn't work press and release the alt key once. If the keyboard now works you've found the problem.

When you run XBMC for Windows it checks to see if XBMC is already running, and if so it just sets the focus back to the running instance. This is by design. Why this clears the problem with the alt key state I'm not entirely sure.

JR
you're right, that does the trick. so that old bug is still there ;-)