Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 360 Controller Help Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This isn't a "I can't find 'xboxdrv'" thread. I'm running Lucid, which has native 360 controller support. If you don't believe me, go ask ZSNES. My problem is, how do I get it to work within XBMC? There are no options (that I've found) for joysticks.

One tutorial I found told me to download their Keyboard.xml, but never provided it. So I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, if anyone would like to help me lazy too, help getting emulators running in XMBC for Linux would be awesome. I saw a guide on Lifehacker about it, but they used Windows XP....and I hate to admit it but despite all it's obvious flaws (like extremely poorly made and maintained software -- aside from XBMC -- but GNOME sucks twice as bad) I'm warming up to Linux.
Ok, so I got it working, but I can't figure out how to configure the analog sticks on it. Can anyone help? By the by, 360 controller support is native in Ubuntu 9.04+
This is the forum which has info regarding the 360 and original xbox controller:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57304

I and my friend toiled with the 360 about 9 months ago and it was almost 90% right, but we never got it perfect. The big problem was with the thumbsticks which has issues registering in the x-axis; they would register only +ve values instead of both +ve and -ve and thus if you used the right thumbstick while playing a movie it would always scan forwards regardless if you tilted the tumbstick to the left or the right (could never scan backwards, which was a pain). Don't know if this thing has been fixed..... not many people seem interested in resurrecting the use of the xbox controller No. Hope you have some luck. Keep posting if you manage to work something out to keep the thread going.