Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No wireless on 330HT-BD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using XBMC Live Stable 9.11 on my Asrock 330HT-BD. I used a default install onto the internal hdd.

I really want to get the inbuilt wireless working, but am still using a D-Link DWL-G810 to provide an ethernet link.

So far I have tried a lot of advice from threads on here, but can never get DHCP offer from the router. My SSID is "CCnetwork" and I am using basic WEP security.

Here are some Putty screenshots to show my config settings:
ifconfig

iwconfig

Being a newb with linux I am not sure how to check whether the wireless drivers are actually installed correctly. This could be causing me problems.

If anyone can see what the problem might be, I'd really appreciate your help.
I have the wireless up and running now. I did it by disabling all wireless encryption on the modem. I opened Putty and entered this:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces (if prompted for a password enter xbmc again)

I added these lines to the file, replacing <MY NETWORK ESSID> with relevent name. Note that there is no line for wireless-key. That is because there is no encryption and my network will be using a MAC filter for security.
Code:
# wireless
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wireless-essid <MY NETWORK ESSID>

I hit Ctrl+X to save, Y to confirm.

Next I brought up the wireless connection:
Code:
sudo ifconfig wlan0 up

Restart all network connections
Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart

Check your wireless association:
Code:
sudo iwconfig wlan0

After doing this I could see my router's MAC address after "Access Point". Hooray!

Finally I found out the MAC address of the wireless port 'wlan0' of the Asrock. I have asked the modem to allow this address. All is working fine now.

Hope this helps someone else.

*Special mention to user stinkupuss for this post which helped me heaps.