Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC wont respond to commands, isn't fullscreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A couple of points before I get started...

I have an ASRock ION along with an MCE remote and IR receiver with my XBMC setup, but a few weeks ago my son decided to drown the remote in green cordial, so for the time being I have been using a wireless media centre keyboard. While I prefer the remote for ease of use, the keyboard is good too. One thing i've noticed with the keyboard though is that sometimes when I make keyboard slips, weird things happen. Eg. when I go to hit enter, and I hit shift+enter together by mistake, it reduces my XBMC window to a quarter of the screen. Usually I just reboot this and it overcomes the problem.

Anyway... Just sat down to watch a movie with the Mrs, and on my keyboard, when I went to go into movies, I, of course, hit shift along with enter by mistake. Immediately XBMC goes to just the top left quarter of the screen and a small cross ( X ) appears in the middle of the screen. I went to do my usual thing and just do a reboot, but this time it didnt work. XBMC now seems to permanently occupy just the top left corner of my screen. I tried recovery mode and same deal. On top of that, it wont respond to any commands from my keyboard. Or even a wired USB keyboard for that matter. Nothing happens at all.

Weirdly, when the ION is booting, it responds to keyboard commands just fine. But once XBMC Live is fully booted, I get nothing.

No idea how this happened or how to fix it. Anyone able to give me a hand?
This sounds like you've hit the shortcut to toggle full screen/window mode. The solution, for me at least, is to plug in a mouse, move the "x" pointer over the windowed xbmc, and then hit the same keyboard shortcut again to toggle it to fullscreen again.

For me, it's the backslash that does this.
yep thats how you do it
So simple. Worked straight away. Thanks so much!