Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "Seeking" OSD Stuck on!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a very annoying OSD that I cannot get rid of, here is a picture of it in the Confluence skin.

I have tried the "Night" skin, and a different looking OSD is there and I am unable to get rid of it.

Pushing enter brings up the Player Controls, and "I" shows the Media Info, but nothing I press will get rid of this Seeking OSD :confused2:

Tab just toggles showing the menu system in front of the movie that's playing on and off.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get rid of it?
which build are you using?
R31718
Any ideas?
Anyone?
Please?!
!?
Bump.
Try reproducing it on standard xbmc skin ?
Confluence is the standard skin, isn't it?
I am having this same problem!

Has anybody been able to fix this?
I encountered this issue in Dharma 3 (10.0-beta3 r34731) on Ubuntu 8.04.

I was able to fix this in the following manner:

In the skin file DialogSeekBar.xml (for example: ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.pm3-hd/720p/DialogSeekBar.xml), I changed this line:

<visible>Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding</visible>

to

<visible>Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding</visible>

If I switch to another skin, the issue comes back, but the issue can be fixed in the same manner in any skin, since they all have that XML file.

So, either the defect/bug here is that 'Player.Seeking' shouldn't be in that tag, or more likely the problem could be that 'Player.Seeking' is stuck with a 'true' value permanently.

According to the skin documentation (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...Screen.xml) 'Player.Seeking' should only return true if a seek is in progress. So the xml for the skins seems to follow the spec.

This was pretty much driving me nuts, so I'm happy I was able to find a workaround. Hopefully the XBMC team will fix the real bug soon.
I have this same problem too. Looking at the debug log, I see the following debug message. herrstrudel's solution fixed my problem.

Log:

DEBUG: SeekTime - unknown position after seek

I reproduced this problem with Confluence with xbmc built from github on May 31st. I am running Archlinux.
I've had this problem occur half a dozen times now. Every time I pound on the thing enough and it finally gets it's self straightened out but someone should be able to say why the seekbar dialog would be stuck on (player.seeking always returning true) and how to fix it. Please help if you can, I'm tired of not really understanding this problem.

When it's stuck, it happens on all videos and in any skin. I've tried recreating the userdata, addons, and temp folders. I've tried rebooting.
I really don't want to resort to purging everything and starting from scratch that's a huge pain, but clobbering the intended behavior of every skin I might use is not really a solution to the problem.
If you have a PS3 controller plugged into the USB port (to charge it while the PS3 is off, for instance) - unplug it. It took me quite a while to figure this one out myself. It is possible some other input device could cause a problem also. There may be other causes, but this fixed it for me.
Pages: 1 2