Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TvHeadend Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have TvHeadend v2.1.1 installed along with XBMC from the SVN.

Initially when it first started scanning through the Muxes, it would scan through them and finish when it had scanned the last one.

Now after a few days of use, for some reason it scans most of them but them it takes a while to scan through the last 1 or 2. I have then tried Disabling or Deleting that Muxe from the list, but TvHeadend shows that the scan is still in progress.

I then have to reboot and come up against the same problem. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue?

I guess it might be useful if there was a way stop scanning of the Muxes once it has started, or prevent it from rescanning them all once the system has been rebooted.

Is this where I should be using the 'Write full DVB MUX to disk' option to cache the details of the Muxe so they don't have to be frequently scanned at startup? If it is then for 144 Muxes, how much disk space is likely to be used?

Also on the subject of Multiplexes, once TvHeadend has scanned a Muxe, even if the Frontend Status is Bad or Faint, the Quality bar shows 100%. Is this correct? Surely if a Muxe was faint or bad then I would expect the signal quality to be at say 10% for example.

In addition, there are a number of channels from my initial scan which weren't mapped and at this time I was only scanning a handful of Muxes, the rest were disabled. All my other channels have been mapped ok, but for some reason these last few still won't.

Is there a file somewhere that contains a list of outstanding Channels / Services to be mapped that I can clear down? Or is this list generated and scanned on the fly based on the difference between the Mapped Channels and the Services list?

I think I may need to clear down this list of channels so that TvHeadend believes it hasn't scanend them before. The fact that it did scan them and fail may have set a flag or an option which is preventing them from being scanned at present.

Can anyone shed any light on any of the above please?
.:Bump:.
Can't help since I use MythTV but shouldn't you try TvHeadend forum? It does not sound like xbmc issue unless I am missreading your post.
Apologies if this thread is in the wrong place, I just havent seen a dedicated Forum for TvHeadend other than the thread which explains how to install it?
mason Wrote:try the mailing list : http://mail.lonelycoder.com/cgi-bin/mail.../hts-devel

Will do, thanks mate.