Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbmc freezes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
following...i had the xbmc 1.0.0 version and evrything was working perfectly...xlink kai...my music...my videos....

updated to xbmc 1.1.0 and now it loads up and freezes. i can't even move the cursor...?

apparently everything is ok in the .xml

seeked up the support forum and this forum and no clue...

anyone can pls help?

thanks in advance.
lets call it a bug.. not please post stuff which you're not sure of is bugs in support forum, ok?

now.. did you clear the old settings/savegame? otherwise things break.. this is mentioned in several places.
thanks for the advice. if you mean clearing the 0face008 in the udata and tdata, yes i did, else i have no idea of could be done...

sorry for my ignorance (newbee)...

crisdoria
did you also update the skin? another reason/situation when things go bad... (if not done)
tks for your prompt response. i updated the entire directory. i will check the skin at night, when i get home. tks for the hint.

crisdoria
if this is 1.1.0 point, ie no later cvs version, you should use skins mentioned in the 1.1 skin compability thread, pinned topic in graphical design forum
ok, i checked and i am using the project mayhem skin. so i don't believe this is where the problem is.
i have deleted the entire folder, the 0face008 files in the t and u drives again. re-installed everything and zippo...

tried xbmp and works fine...

any other hint?

thanks for the efforts.

crisdoria
ok. following...
i figured out that if i take out my network cable everything works out fine.
went to settings and configured the ip address i.e. 192.168.0.5

my router is 192.168.0.1 and is connected to a ethernet card in my desktop.

i have a second ethernet card in the desktop (sharing internet connection) connected to a adsl modem.

when i set static ip i am not able to see the network. when i set it to dhcp i can see the network but then if i need to restart the xbmc i come back to my innitial problem...freezes...!!?!

so what i have to do now is turn of without cable...change ip to fix and restart with cable then change to dhcp again...

i am getting anoyed with this...any ideas?

thanks

crisdoria
anyone? please help!!!

tks

crisdoria
hmmm, i also installed xmbc 1.1.0 (builddate 26/11) and i have the same problem.
if i start xbmc(doesn't matter if i go over evox-dashboard nor load use xbmc itself as my dashboard), it's begins to stutter.
i.e. i can move the cursor around and than xbmc stops and i have to wait several seconds (up to half a minute / minute) before i can move the cursor again.
i can launch apps / games without a problem, watch videos, etc.
it seems that xbmc is waiting for someting (e.g. network connection).
the same behavoir with or without a plugged network cable.
which chip do you use and which bios do you have installed?
maybe it's a compatibility issue.
i use smartxx with 3331 bios and m8 plus.
hi...your problem seems different than mine...you get to connect and then stutters, and it is equal wheter you are with the net cable on or not.
i have different behaviours with and without cable and with cable on freezes completely.

i use executer2 with evox - and xbmc v. 1.1.0

cheers.

crisdoria
ok, i updated to release 03/12/04 and have exactly the same problem(s). works fine without cable and freeze with cable.
i found the problem.
i cofigured over my smartxx dhcp and within xbmc it was set to standard.
as i set it to dhcp, xbmc runs perfectly without any problems.

apoc
hi...

updated my evoxdash.xbe (xboxdash.xbe) and everything is working fine now....

thanks for all that tried to help....

crisdoria