Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DX or DSPLAYER with DXVA with Intel GMA x4500
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a media pc with the onboard Intel GMa x4500 video card with hdmi out. So far i've been using the DX builds without problems but just wanted to find out whats the major differences between dx builds and dsplayer builds?

How is the performance of dxva on the x4500 ?

Thanks
I believe intel gpu's are still unsupported due to intel not sticking properly to standards.
For this reason alone i threw in a 2 beer value geforce 8400gs passive which i'm very happy with. I don't think there is much work if any at all done to support intel gpu's since they are a hassle probably and also very weak as processing power. Not to mention the general slowness due to using system based memory.
Get a dedicated card preferably nvidia and leave the intel one alone (that's what i did).
However my overclocked celeron dual core 1,6 to 2,66Ghz can easily play all my 1080mkv's flawlessly so if cpu power doesen't lack you can still go by software rendering.