Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SMS Like (Multitap) Input on virtualkeyboard?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Using my remote, a Harmony 515 with iMon I cannot type SMS like Multitap on virtualkeyboard of XBMC, they just come up as numbers.

Has anyone ever done it? Is there a way to make it work? If no, is it too hard to implement it in code?

I use 9.11 and latest SNV build.

Thanks.
xbmc has supported this since 2006 or thereabout. the problem is that your harmony isn't acting like a remote, it's acting as a keyboard. blame windows for not having a proper remote control API (thus you have to use imon and such garbage sw that presents your remote as a keyboard to the os). this works as expected on linux where we can actually tell that a remote is a remote.
Works just fine here, with USB-UIRT & my Dish Remote mapped to XBMC numbers 0-9 via Eventghost.
yes, cause eventghost sends the xbmc mappings directly through the eventclient interface and thus they are represented as a remote to us and we can properly do our thing.
Thanks spiff for the explanation, I had a hunch that something like that was going on and so I checked-out the SVN code and reviewed it. As I see in the code there's a possibility to change it so it uses the regular numbers instead of a remotes to do the sms multitaping.

But that's a far fetched solution because if through eventghost works, I should just use that instead. Can I do that with iMon and my harmony?