Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: scripts used in skins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

can the authors for these PLEASE submit them to the addons-ml?
their absense hinders the addition of skins. in particular night wants two of these;

1) script.favourites
2) script.logo (should be script.logo.downloader) imo.
1. script.favorites

DOWNLOAD

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="script.favourites"
       name="Favourites script"
       version="1.0.1"
       provider-name="CF2009">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.0"/>
  </requires>
  <extension point="xbmc.python.script"
             library="default.py" />
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <summary>Favourites script</summary>
    <description>Fetches item from your xbmc favourites to populate Home menu/submenu with custom buttons.</description>
    <disclaimer>Needs skin support for it to be used properly</disclaimer>
    <platform>all</platform>
  </extension>
</addon> 

Also added LICENSE.txt and icon.png. I believe CF2009 has been gone for awhile, Ronie originally updated this script for 10.5 support...

If you, or any others thinks this looks good, feel free to add it. Or I can add it...

2. ppic will probably take care of that one when he gets time...
okay, so no upstream active there. it needs to be changed to a xbmc.python.library - this is to be used for scripts without an ui. among other things it ensures they do not show up in the programs window. see recently added
Script favourites isn't needed anymore.
Xbmc does save playlists in favourites with activate window....Wink
See r31795
I didn't understand the trac but script is needed for custom home items.

Script works just fine I just added "AMT Lite" as a favorite and then added it to Home thru "Night's" GUI...Without the script users would have to dig through .xml's.

BlushThought I had Custom_DialogFavourites.xml working without the script and asumed script was for changing playmedia into ActivateWindow...

Your right Script is still needed.
spiff Wrote:okay, so no upstream active there. it needs to be changed to a xbmc.python.library - this is to be used for scripts without an ui. among other things it ensures they do not show up in the programs window. see recently added

i don't understand this part, do i need to change anything, from my point of view, it just need a licence.txt to be able to be in repo, no ?
that's the extension point it should implement in the addon.xml IF the script is headless.
ok, i've seen what you means Big Grin
thanks a lot, i'll see that when returning home
ppic polite bump we're still waiting for script.logo before night can go in