Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: So this might be complicated.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Everyone,

First off thank you for taking the time to read this post, I'm just starting to get into XBMC, so please be patient if this inquiry seems dumb.

I have a very large collection of videos that I would like to create a dedicated interface for.

Here where I may not explain what I want to achive properly.

I want to create a serverless database that will contain all of the information for each of the videos and within the video's "information page" have bookmarks set with links to them so that you may jump right to the part of the video you want to see.

Does anyone know a) If there is a plugin with similar funcationalities out there?
b) If not, is this even possible.

Again thank you very much for your time.
a) No.
b) Probably, though it would be a hack.

You'd have to setup bookmarks within the file, then have a python script query the database directly for those bookmarks and display them within a UI similar to the video information dialog. Note that this would be a hack, as querying the database directly relies on you knowing the format of the db, which could change at any point.

At the very least you should patch XBMC to provide the bookmarks via the JSON-RPC interface so that you're isolated from changes in the db layout.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Cool, thank you for the reply.

Off hand do you think it might be possible to have an independent bookmark xml file that could be referenced. instead of the inherent ones in the application?

Regards,
Tom
Probably. I'm not sure if bookmarks are read (or written) to XML nfo files - if they're not, that would be the place to start.
they are stored in the db.