Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] XBMC File Manager can't even read Blu-Ray discs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running Dharma, I cannot browse Blu-Ray discs in the program at all. In the File Manager, when I click on the drive letter (which does show the correct blu-ray title and all) i get a pop up that asks me to insert a dvd.

I can browse the blu-ray file system in windows explorer and any other program, what is going on in XBMC?
Does this happen to anyone else? Huh
Please post full debug log via paste bin.
Actually, it looks like regardless of media in the drive, XBMC says "Please insert disc" when I click on the share in the filemanager, even on a fresh install of the newest dharma.

Could this be a bug?
Fixed it - my CD drive was mapped to F: - XBMC apparently didn't like that, so I remapped it to D, now it works just fine.
RandomXBMCUser Wrote:Fixed it
That's not a fix, that's a workaround. This is still broken in Dharma RC1.

If I'm missing something and there is a way to browse files that are on a DVD/Blu-ray disc, I'd appreciate someone pointing it out. Thanks.
Have you tried in something other than the filemanager?
jmarshall Wrote:Have you tried in something other than the filemanager?
Apologies, but I'm unsure what that "something other" might be. I can read the files fine outside of XBMC if that's what you mean.
I can also use the "Add Source" to point XBMC to the path where the files are on the DVD/BD drives (G:\BDMV\STREAM for example, I typed the path manually in XBMC) to bypass having to click on the drive itself and that works fine too.