Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Disable Navigation Sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have just installed XBMC Live 9.11 on my Asrock ION330 and all its working perfect, except one thing;

I was trying to find a way to disable the navigation sound (completely) ? I have tried to google it and searching this forum, but I did not find anything usefull.

Anyone know ?
uninstall pulse audio

sudo apt-get remove pulseaudio

this worked for me and was necessary in order to play mp3 tracks.

-=Jason=-
Settings-appearance-navigation sounds
Or something like that.
bsd_ Wrote:Hi all,

I have just installed XBMC Live 9.11 on my Asrock ION330 and all its working perfect, except one thing;

I was trying to find a way to disable the navigation sound (completely) ? I have tried to google it and searching this forum, but I did not find anything usefull.

Anyone know ?

I actually like the navigation sounds. Here's what I did when I installed XBMC live on my acer aspire. I created a file .asoundrc which sits in /home/<username> folder.

The contents of this file are as follows
pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hdmi"
}
}

So WinSCP into ur machine and check if you such a file. If yes then rename it to something or delete it and reboot your system.
It should work

Best of luck
Flomaster Wrote:uninstall pulse audio

sudo apt-get remove pulseaudio

Why take a sledgehammer to crack a nut? Shocked

cowfodder Wrote:Settings-appearance-navigation sounds

Nearly. It's System - Appearance - Skin - Navigation Sounds
Bobby Blixberg Wrote:Why take a sledgehammer to crack a nut? Shocked

Nearly. It's System - Appearance - Skin - Navigation Sounds

Thanks,...Don't know how i missed that!

Anyways, thanks alot! ;-)
Bobby Blixberg Wrote:Why take a sledgehammer to crack a nut? Shocked

well for me i had to remove pulse in order to get mp3 audio working I tried every config and to no avail it failed.

I uninstall pulse and Bam I get mp3 sound,
I reinstall pulse and Bam no mp3 sound.

-=Jason=-
Flomaster,

What does that have to do with this thread? The question was only on how to disable "Navigation" sounds. Has nothing to do with sound problems.
tslayer Wrote:Flomaster,

What does that have to do with this thread? The question was only on how to disable "Navigation" sounds. Has nothing to do with sound problems.

sorry I didn't know there was an option in 9.11 to disable nav sounds. I know there is with the newer SVNs though.

*crawls back under the rock*

-=Jason=-