Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: killa.sampla.x264, XBMC and Hackintosh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded killa.sampla.x264 from this forum and found interesting things which I like to share.
Testing comp.
hackintosh OSX 10.6.4
MB Gigabyte EP45 UD3LR, Q6600, 4 Gb ram, Asus 285 GT (1Gb ram).
Video works flawless in Plex 8.5 and movist (23 + fps)
and stuttering videon in VLC, mplayer and
finally XBMC (11 fps)
I've tried different setting but with the same result. Is this related with how many cpu cores the software is using or some special settings I don't know, I can't find. Any ideas?
One thing I learnt about that sample. It will never work. You could put that thing on the fricking big blue and it would still stutter.
smilenkovski Wrote:I downloaded killa.sampla.x264 from this forum and found interesting things which I like to share.
Testing comp.
hackintosh OSX 10.6.4
MB Gigabyte EP45 UD3LR, Q6600, 4 Gb ram, Asus 285 GT (1Gb ram).
Video works flawless in Plex 8.5 and movist (23 + fps)
and stuttering videon in VLC, mplayer and
finally XBMC (11 fps)
I've tried different setting but with the same result. Is this related with how many cpu cores the software is using or some special settings I don't know, I can't find. Any ideas?

pastebin xbmc.log, that tells all.
I'm using pastebin for the first time. I hope I'm doing it right.
(I've oppened my xbmc.log file copy the content and paste to pastebin web site than copy the address and that's it?)

http://pastebin.com/exppSdGB
Try it again, this time keep it very simple, just nav directly to the file and play it, let it play for 5-10 mins, then quit and retrieve xbcm.log. There's too much other stuff going on as you diddle playlists and other things and I can't tell what's going on.
Actually I did that the first time. I've right clicked the file, open with... xbmc, played and shutdown xbmc.
This time I've navigated to the file from within the Xbmc. Played twice, (it's short: 20 sec +), shutdown xbmc copy/paste xbmc.log
http://pastebin.com/Wa3jiTT8
Thanks for you attention.
The only thing I see is

NOTICE: fps: 47.916668, pwidth: 1920, pheight: 1080, dwidth: 1920, dheight: 1080

Which is then corrected in

DEBUG: CalcFrameRate framerate was:47.916668 calculated:23.952096

A very short time later,

DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio - CDVDMsg::GENERAL_EOF

You say it's short ? I seem to remember killa running longer that 20 seconds.

Turn off the sync display option in video -> playback settings.
davilla Wrote:Turn off the sync display option in video -> playback settings.

What does that do? Actually, is there a tutorial on what all the various settings do?

EDIT: Something more in-depth than on the wiki....
settings/video/hardware acceleration is checked?
garyi Wrote:One thing I learnt about that sample. It will never work. You could put that thing on the fricking big blue and it would still stutter.

Huh Plays fine here.

neurosis13 Wrote:settings/video/hardware acceleration is checked?

What he said. Make sure your output is set correctly. Is post processing turned on?

Check your nVidia drivers. FWIW on my HD5870 with Catalyst 10.6 it would stop about 3 seconds in. On 10.7 it plays buttery smooth.
@neurosis13
Either off or on no big difference
@avus m3
I'm using the lasy nvidia drivers dedicated for 285 GT (Mac OS X)