Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC not seeing network share on automatic load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I run my Mac mini through an Onkyo amp for video and audio then into a standard LCD TV.

I initially had the mac running xbmc 24/7 while I used a Harmony remote to sleep or wake the mac when I needed to use it. It worked ok, but I would often find issues with the display (it would not display anything when it woke up) which I put down either the Mac or Onkyo app having a hard time with XBMC rich interface directly from being woken up.

To prove a point I started shutting down the running xbmc before putting the mac to sleep then have an extra step where the mac would wake and load XBMC from fresh on start up. This has worked like a dream, and I never have any problems loading the graphics.

The problem I have hit is that XBMC does not 'see' the network share I have to host my media when it opens. Nothing is available to the library and any content updates fail. I then have to restart xbmc after which the network functions work without an issue.

I'm wondering if this is down to the Mac not bringing the network connection up quick enough from it's sleep state before XBMC actually loads?

Could this by the case? If XBMC does not have a network connection at the very start of it's load does it not 'see' the network when it does come online?

I think the easiest fix might be to somehow delay the load of XBMC when it wakes up. Can someone suggest how this could be done?

Cheers! Big Grin
Azimuth Wrote:Hello all,

I run my Mac mini through an Onkyo amp for video and audio then into a standard LCD TV.

I initially had the mac running xbmc 24/7 while I used a Harmony remote to sleep or wake the mac when I needed to use it. It worked ok, but I would often find issues with the display (it would not display anything when it woke up) which I put down either the Mac or Onkyo app having a hard time with XBMC rich interface directly from being woken up.

To prove a point I started shutting down the running xbmc before putting the mac to sleep then have an extra step where the mac would wake and load XBMC from fresh on start up. This has worked like a dream, and I never have any problems loading the graphics.

The problem I have hit is that XBMC does not 'see' the network share I have to host my media when it opens. Nothing is available to the library and any content updates fail. I then have to restart xbmc after which the network functions work without an issue.

I'm wondering if this is down to the Mac not bringing the network connection up quick enough from it's sleep state before XBMC actually loads?

Could this by the case? If XBMC does not have a network connection at the very start of it's load does it not 'see' the network when it does come online?

I think the easiest fix might be to somehow delay the load of XBMC when it wakes up. Can someone suggest how this could be done?

Cheers! Big Grin

Wireless I bet Smile
CAT5 actually :p

Any clues?
Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Dlink DWA-140 usb wireless.
I have xbmc load in my startup and when I click on any local network connection
I get an error No network connections.
I exit to the desktop and launch xbmc again and everything works fine.
My system is set to shutdown upon pressing the power button but acts the same if I use suspend.

Thanks
Mike