Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help me Please it's been 2 days of strugling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks in advance for the help and yes I have tried to search the forums for this with no luck i am sure it's out there just couldn't find it...

I am trying to install xbmc and a skin of aeon i have had nothing but problems.. I can get a stable version of xbmc running just fine but when i try putting any skins in it says they are not compatiable requires higher versions.. So I try a nightly build and I can't get a skin folder. From what I have found i have the latest versions of these skins...
I am using windows 7 if there is any one that can help that would be great... I love this program but I am starting to think it's not for me...
It's nothing you are doing wrong, really, it is just that you are coming to XBMC during a period of transition.

Most of the skins have not yet been updated to the newest versions (dharma and all svn's as of late). This is because skins are now considered "add-ons", and they have just overhauled the the add-ons system, which includes all scripts, plugins, skins, scrapers etc. In the end, it will be much easier to add any skin you choose right from XBMC, but currently not all of the skins have been made available from within the add-on manager from the repository.

You may be able to install an updated version of a skin or plug-in manually, even if it isn't yet available in the add-on repository. However, I don't believe Aeon has yet been updated.

Just wait it out. If you must, download Camelot version of XBMC and find the version of Aeon that runs on it. Should be able to get it here
No quittin'! Smile

Did you rename the Aeon skin that you downloaded? It has to be e.g. skin.aeon (or .aeon65 or ...) and needs to be put in the addon folder. Be sure to download a Dharma compliant one e.g. the one from the first sticky thread.
Got XBMC dharma running aeon today very pleased thanks for the help guys now on to the next task
I wish just putting skin.(name of skin) in the addon's folder was that easy for me I've got Aeon Showmix I have the 10.5 update one can't recall who posted it but it doesn't pick it up at all on the addon's screen I wish I could get it working as its my favourite skin.
okiee82 Wrote:Thanks in advance for the help and yes I have tried to search the forums for this with no luck i am sure it's out there just couldn't find it...

I am trying to install xbmc and a skin of aeon i have had nothing but problems.. I can get a stable version of xbmc running just fine but when i try putting any skins in it says they are not compatiable requires higher versions.. So I try a nightly build and I can't get a skin folder. From what I have found i have the latest versions of these skins...
I am using windows 7 if there is any one that can help that would be great... I love this program but I am starting to think it's not for me...

Getting this message in 9.11 is caused either by the skin.xml missing or you don't have the skin files in the root of the skin folder it must be

\XBMC\skin\Aeon\ skin.xml, 720p, backgrounds, colors, fonts, language, media, scripts, sounds

You don't want

\XBMC\skin\Aeon\ Another folder\skin.xml, 720p, backgrounds, colors, fonts, language, media, scripts, sounds

As for adding skins to Dharma builds its easy you just need to create an addon.xml off course you wont have the new addons available in settings so you would need to configure your addons in Confluence first

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=74818

You could save yourself some time if your using the latest builds and install the one below

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76663