Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unofficial Add-on and Repo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I created an unofficial add-on and repo for Night a week or so ago. If you are interested, install this repo:

- Download xbmc.repo.night.zip
- In XBMC browse to Add-ons > Install from ZIP file > Navigate to where you saved xbmc.repo.night.zip and Install
- Then Add-ons > Get Add-ons > Night's Repository > Skin > Night
- Select 'Install'

As of version 1.0.3 you should not be prompted to keep updating the skin.

Version 1.0.6 released 8/13/10
Version 1.0.5 released 8/10/10
Version 1.0.4 released 8/2/10
Ram2000 Wrote:Not sure if we should keep going on about this in this thread...
BUT i have changed mine again to 1.0.3 and now the updates have gone however If the update number isnt changed
then surly this wont update itself in the future ?

Ram,

I am changing the version myself when I upload the skin to my host, ever version mcborzu releases is version 1.0.0 so I change the file and increment it 0.0.1 every time, the current version is 1.0.4. I hope that helps.
I have some issues with your repo.
I can see night and select install. It also shows "Downloading 0%", but it actually didn't start the download.
If I go one level up and back into skins again, it doesn't say downloading anymore. I can then select install again and play that game forever...
ridler Wrote:I have some issues with your repo.
I can see night and select install. It also shows "Downloading 0%", but it actually didn't start the download.
If I go one level up and back into skins again, it doesn't say downloading anymore. I can then select install again and play that game forever...

I have just done a complete clean install of Dharma 32380 installed your repo from zip file and its doing exactly the same as stated by ridler.

Have run hitchers repo and thats working Fine could you go into some detail as to how you set this up as I would like
to look into getting one working for Aries aswell.
thanks for you help in this.
im also having this problem :S
i hope you can solve it because an addon repo would rock!
Ram2000 Wrote:I have just done a complete clean install of Dharma 32380 installed your repo from zip file and its doing exactly the same as stated by ridler.

off topic .. but where are you guys getting your nightly Dharma builds ?? looking to upgrade my old buggy svn
pletopia Wrote:off topic .. but where are you guys getting your nightly Dharma builds ?? looking to upgrade my old buggy svn

http://xbmc.org/download/
thx for that .. never bothered looking there .. but unfortunately i need the *nix builds .. and the svn ppa system is (and has been for minimum the last 3-4 weeks) in complete disarray with builds failing/not building .. shit not installing cause of dependency issues
only other place I know is here

http://sshcs.com/xbmc/
eckstheory Wrote:only other place I know is here

http://sshcs.com/xbmc/

Yikes, please don't do that.

I believe the last of the ppa problems was solved last night. Please give it a try and let us know if you're still having issues.

TheUni
theuni Wrote:Yikes, please don't do that.
TheUni

? is there a problem with this I use that aswell ?
Ram2000 Wrote:? is there a problem with this I use that aswell ?

Please stick to official builds. The XBMC build process is very complicated, and changes often. We have no control over what process 3rd party builders use.

TheUni
ridler Wrote:I have some issues with your repo.

Sorry about that the file that tells XBMC which version is current didn't update so it was looking for skin.night-1.0.3 which I deleted. It should work now, please let me know if that isn't the case.

Ram2000 Wrote:could you go into some detail as to how you set this up as I would like
to look into getting one working for Aries aswell.
thanks for you help in this.

The way I did it was hacking Hitchers, you need a zip file for the repo with an add-on.xml and an icon.png if you download mine and unpack it you can look at what the xml should look like. Then you have to copy the changelog-version.number.txt, icon.png, fanart.jpg and a zip with the skin (skin.aries-version.number make sure this is in a folder named skin.aries) to a folder with the add-ons name on your webspace (skin.aries) make sure that the first all of the add-on.xml files are all at the same version or you will get the update available loop. It took me the better part of 2 hours to get it all working. Let me know if you have questions or I could build it and then show you how to use it.
Ok i got mine working again I had to re-install the script first though.
regarding doing my own I have done everything even copied your file structure but I am still getting an error I am wondering if my host supports this file type :-(
theuni Wrote:I believe the last of the ppa problems was solved last night. Please give it a try and let us know if you're still having issues.

TheUni

i don't have time during the week to play around with it .. but i think on friday i'll have some time so i'll see how the PPA's are doing .. so if i use the SVN PPA .. those will be from the Dharma branch ?? i don't have to do anything special for dharma ?
Pages: 1 2