Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC ATI Branch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i would really lika a "xbmc ati" ppa. there are tons of nvidia vdpau howtos and repos, but i really miss a branch for ati users and libva.
i tried to compile by myself but i do something wrong.. maybe someone experienced can start such a paa? i would support with testing and suggestions. i bet i´m not the only one!
Ati driver performance is that much worse in Linux that you'll be much better off buying a cheap Nvidia card that supports VDPAU. It really doesn't have to cost much!
sure- i can, but i´d like to use my onboard card..
if i would choose a nvidia, does soudn over hdmi work?
bolzerrr Wrote:sure- i can, but i´d like to use my onboard card..
if i would choose a nvidia, does soudn over hdmi work?
Yes
and so does vdpau .. perfect hw accelerated vid playback
pumkinut Wrote:Yes

Does it? I know on-board NVIDIA cards will do audio but the NVIDIA discreet card I had added to a previous machine had a SPID type input for audio and I don't think it was able to have audio sent over it the same way my on-board chipset does. Can someone confirm for sure?

Honestly I just went ION and never looked back but I'd hate to see him waste cash if there's a mistake and I'd like to clear this up on my mind too...
the GT210 will do audio fine - just make sure you upgrade alsa to 1.0.23

there are very clear instructions here