Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Switching to 50Hz for 24fps material (720p)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

On my projector with 1280*720 @ 60Hz display, and adjust refresh rate 'on'. I've noticed that if I play a 23.976fps or 24fps video the refresh rate gets adjusted to 50Hz. The display only supports 50/60Hz at this res.

Anyone else had this?
Patches welcome.
That is normal. It's a closer fractional match to 24fps.
ok, thanks for your answers.

Is the display refresh calculated by, available refresh rates/video fps, and takes the one closest to an integer?

which bit of the code deals with Hz choices?

And how does xbmc 'see' the available refresh rates/resolutions?
So XBMC will only adjust to the closest refresh rate supported by my screen? That's really cool if so, I disabled this feature as my display doesn't support 24p so I had assumed it would mess up playback of some videos.
I can confirm this is working as it should be: With 'adjust display refresh to match video' on 720P50 material my display was properly switched to 50Hz (pioneer kuro) with the July31 Dharma build.
neil.j1983, xbmc enumerates the available resolutions+refresh rates on startup (WinSystemWin32.cpp IIRC)
and you have the refresh rate selection in CBaseRenderer::ChooseBestResolution().