Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Visualization projectm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

projectm don't work on two install of xbmc (32 and 64 bits, svn dharma)

Can someone tell me the content of his projectm.conf.

In mine, there's a strange line :
Preset Path = zip://special%3A%2F%2Fxbmc%2Faddons%2Fvisualization%2Eprojectm%2Fresources%2Fpresets%2Ezip

Sounds like a coding trouble, but not sure. I can see the preset list, but black or white screen (when i switch preset) instead of visualization.

my system is base on a minimal ubuntu 9.10 over a classical asrock 330-ht, nvidia drivers are 256.35.

thank you (and sorry for my poor english).
Works here... Debug log needed.

And that line is correct.
here's a debug log

http://pastebin.com/3iyr4WHS
When you compile XBMC and do a make install, it should be copying the presets.zip.

Can you check whether that stopped working?
I delete the content of visualization.projectm and run a make install

the folder is fill up with presets.zip and the all stuff

edit : are you talking about presets.zip in /usr/local/share/xbmc... ?
I just read this post

http://forum.xbmc.org/archive/index.php/t-51441.html

I Will test this export trick (or play video before listen to music) to see if it solve the problem.

Can't find anything in the trac concerning this "old" problem on non-english system.
So , I setup a new xbmc.

make uninstall, remove .xbmc in home, ./configure --prefixe=/usr....install ok. Add music source, Play music, visualization work.

I continue to set preference in the GUI (update library on startup, language...). After that I stopped xbmc, restart and no visualization anymore. There's nothing more in the debug log than the post above.

If nobody can't help me on that I quit.
follow the post I mentionned above. It works.

I put export LC_ALL="C" at the beginning of /usr/bin/xbmc

I suppose to have to do this every update.

If devs can do something, it could be nice for non-english (as I understand it only occured on non-english system)