Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Multiroom Audio & Video Streaming Plugin (Syncronized)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
MarkosJal Wrote:I installed and removed this plug in and the MAV Audio sink remains on Linux Mint 10 (Ubuntu 10.10), as a sound device causing problems when my USB sound card wakes up. (MAV is selected by default after wake up)

How can I completely remove this?

Try removing the playercorefactory.xml file. That helped in my case. (FYI: You might move it to your home folder incase something goes wrong with you removing it.
-Greg
Quote:Try removing the playercorefactory.xml file. That helped in my case. (FYI: You might move it to your home folder incase something goes wrong with you removing it.
-Greg

This is an xbmc specific file and my problem is with the OS. It is the OS selecting the MAV streaming sink and it shows MAV...as an output device. I need to remove it.
I do not use a computer to run xbmc. I have an NAS that streams the file to each of my xbmc clients. 2 are modified XBoxs and one is a modified Gen1 AppleTV. Is there any way to install this on either of these devices? I do not leave any computers running in the house but the AppleTV is on all the time. Thanks for the effort on this plug-in.
I'm running into the two things that it looks like other people are having issues with:

1. The slave connects to the master fine, and displays the song titles in the popup when the song changes, but no audio comes through.

2. With the addon enabled, XBMC freezes when it's shut down.

I'm on 10.1 Dharma on Windows 7 64bit for both master and slave.

Anyone figure these out yet?
Hi. Is it documented how to uninstall this plugin anywhere?

Ive read through the PDF in the first post but it doesn't mention it anywhere.

I can no longer play videos in XBMC since trying to get this working. I've managed to recover audio for music, but now if I want to play a video it just hangs with the preview window up. I have to SSH into the box and kill VLC before I can regain control.

Pity. This has great potential, but it's just so very difficult to get set up - on each machine I had trouble. On one, the script wouldn't even run due to some display issue.

Still, I'd rather be able to watch videos than stream audio. I can't do either at the moment ;-)

I've uninstalled through XBMC, but that doesn't do anything. I've reinstalled the plugin, and clicked 'disable', but it still hangs when playing videos. I can see in the background that regardless, VLC is being spawned for video playback.

I'd prefer not to uninstall XBMC and reinstall, as it would have to go and add thousands upon thousands of vids/music to the library again.

EDIT: I'd given up hope of getting rid of it, so went to uninstall xbmc. I did "apt-get remove --purge xbmc" which appeared to remove it, but leaves it there. I then went through synaptic and removed all references to xbmc, yet still it's there, and still won't play videos. Arrrrghh!

EDIT2: Got it. Had to completely uninstall everything related to xbmc, then reinstall. Now I can view videos again. Maybe this should be documented as 'not for the faint hearted' for those considering installing it ;-)
I have been playing about with this all morning without any real luck, cant even get it to run under linux.

I do have it running between 2 windows machines but it is not streaming audio just sending information such as which song is playing etc.

I have setup the powershell to run scripts and vlc is starting when the plugin starts. I have also set the master to use MR-Audio_stream as the default in the plugin settings.

something is obviously not right because I can not get vlc to connect to the stream using either RTP or UDP.

I have managed to get streaming working VLC-VLC.

any ideas whats causing the issue?
any further information that would help?

when I got VLC working there was about a 1 second delay between the 2 machines. are you guys getting that delay as well?
Hi there!
My OS is Ubuntu 11.04 and the last version of XBMC. I have done all mentioned steps. But I encountered with the following issue: I can not find MAV plugin in System-AddOns-ProgramsAddOns. There are only 3 plugins and no Multiroom Audio plugin.
How to install it?

Thanks,
Boris
It seems that nobody know...
Hi,
After uninstalling Multiroom to start xbmc I see two errors script failure "sendudp.py" and "rcvudp.py" and when I play a movie the error "External Active Player"
How I can fix it? I can not see any movie Sad
Hey guys. I've been trying to get this running without success. Here's some quick details.
  • Master Computer is a Win7 X64 box.
  • Client is a Win7 x86 box.
  • I've followed the PDF instructions to a tee. (Of course I could have missed something)
  • With the client only running I fire up the Master. They must recognize each other because they both make identical beeps when the plugin starts.
  • If I try to play music from the Master it just cycles through the playlist quickly without actually playing anything.
  • VLC is not starting on the Master X64 system. I have done the powershell thing and it does say unrestricted.

Any ideas?

Thanks
i wasn`t able to make this work either....

i guess it`s dead , isn`t it?
I removed all of this plugin (as mentioned on page 2) but my Sound Preferences still have a MAV sink. Anybody knows how to remove that? Itś not clear for the woman....so it has to go.
There seem to be way too many issues with this add-on...I've been trying to get it running myself with only long hours of frustration to show for it.

Developer hasn't responded to one question on the forum since November 2010 (2010-11-22)... I am writing this on August 2011 (almost a year later). Who gets to make the call to mark this add-on as Broken on the repository?

Someone please mark this add-on as broken...
I succeeded in removing everything (a lot of re-installing of alsa and pulse...I'm not even sure what I've done).

Strange that the developer was very active in the beginning of this thread. Probably has other prio's. Too bad, this looked like a nice feature!

I'm gonna try to have pulse broadcast my audio. I'll keep you posted.
I haven't tested this addon with pre-eden, but from what i recall, most of the problems on using it where related to using different web interface port, user and passwords than the ones expected on "sendudp.py" and "rcvudp.py".
Just change them to match your XBMC web interface and it should be fine. (or revert to default xbmc web settings -no password- that's the best option).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15