Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MySQl & xbmc-r32584-Dharma
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm setting up my first install of XBMC.

I want a centralised MySQL DB so I have set one up on my NAS

The DB and UserIDs are configured properly (I think)

I couldn't find any reference to advancedsettings.xml in the clean xbmc install so I created one and put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\userdata

Here is the content of my advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
- <advancedsettings>
- <videodatabase>
  <type>mysql</type>
  <host>192.168.0.190</host>
  <port>3306</port>
  <user>xbmc</user>
  <pass>xbmc</pass>
  <name>xbmc_video</name>
  </videodatabase>
- <musicdatabase>
  <type>mysql</type>
  <host>192.168.0.190</host>
  <port>3306</port>
  <user>xbmc</user>
  <pass>xbmc</pass>
  <name>xbmc_music</name>
  </musicdatabase>
  </advancedsettings>

I selected the sources and xbmc went away and scraped fine. I checked the MySQL database and there are no tables created and no data so I can only assume it's created a local DB.

A couple of questions:

1) Should advancedsettings.xml have been part of the build or is it normal to create one yourself the first time you need it ?
2) Have I put it in the right area ?
3) Where can I find the debug logfile ? I have turned debugging on (I see the mem and cpu status when I run xbmc) but I can't find a log file.
4) Is there something I am missing or does the latest build nt support a centralised MySQL.

I made sure the language set on the DB was Latin1.

Any pointers from anyone ?
1. No. AdvancedSettings is only edited by user, xbmc never touches it. For a reason!
2. It should go in the AppData\Roaming\XBMC folder or if your in portable mode under portable_data.
3. Debug file will be XBMC.log at C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
4. It will work.
Cheers Sam, beat me too it. While digging around I found the *other* userdata folder in the AppData. Confusing to say the least.

All working now. Just trying to import from the local DB export I did when I found everything.

Is there a reason there are 2 userdata folders ? I can't think I'm the only one that gotten confused by that setup.
Umm not sure why there's two folders, because if you go into portable mode it creates a third folder in a different directory. I do think anything placed in the Program Files directory takes precedence over the user's custom data. For example making skins accessible to all users.