Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Jump to a favorite using remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using XBMC for a long time now and absolutely love it! I love it so much that i'm working on replacing all my audio/video sources with a single XBMC box which is controlled trough a harmony remote. The hardware for the remote is a modified XBOX remote. Modified as in 'removed the xbox connector and replaced it with a usb connector'.

I listen to radio a lot and have my favorite radiostation in the favorites menu. However, if i just want to listen to the radio i have to turn on the tv to navigate to the fav menu and select the radiostream.
Is there a way to make a shortcut directly to this 1 radiostation? The idea is to click on a button on the remote and the radio starts playing.
And yes, i am somewhat of a linux n00b. Sorry about that...
ofc you can. just look in favourites.xml for the command, then map a key on your remote to execute the same command using remote.xml
Thanks for the relply.
Can you tell me how to add it to the remote.xml? It doesn't seem to exist.

This is my favorites.xml:
Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="ArrowJazzFM.pls">PlayMedia(&quot;/MediaCenter/Music/ArrowJazzFM.pls&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>

And i want to map my "0" key to it so here's part of my lircd.conf:
Code:
9              0xc6
       8               0xc7
        7              0xc8
       6               0xc9
        5              0xca
       4               0xcb
        3              0xcc
       2               0xcd
        1              0xce
       0               0xcf

I found some info that mentioned a lircmap.xml but that doesn't exist either.
uhm, Lircmap.xml definitely exists. you need to get a grasp how this works.

Lircmap maps your particular remote to a general remote we use internally. remote.xml then maps actions to the general remote. if you want to map the '0' key, the entry in remote.xml would look like

Code:
<zero>PlayMedia(&quot;/MediaCenter/Music/ArrowJazzFM.pls&quot;)</zero>
Thank you kindly. I got it working now.

Just one more related question. With the previous releases of XBMC i would be able to hold for instance the down button and it would keep scrolling until i released the button. Since 9.11 i only get a single keypress. As you can imagine, scrolling has become a click-fest. How can i solve this?