Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Create new content types?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to create new types of Content for XBMC? I want to add Anime and US Animation separate from other TV shows.
So there's no way to add a new type of Video media? That's kind of odd...
your question is not clear , what do you want?
In the Video library, you can select the Set Content option. Currently, I can only set the content to Movies or TV shows. On the Set Content window, you can select "Movies", "TV Shows", or "Music Videos" but I'd like to have more options for the content type. One example is "Anime".

Mainly, my concern is that the TV Shows category will display all of my live action shows along with my animated and anime series.
Closest you can come is with playlists...
mcborzu Wrote:Closest you can come is with playlists...

So the only options for Content Type can be "Movies", "TV Shows", or "Music Videos"?
Yes until they redo the database...

Look into playlists, I made a video on how to use one to add a "HD Movies" item to home - HERE. Same concepts apply to whether you want it to be anime, only shows from NBC, etc...Playlists are very powerful.
mcborzu Wrote:Yes until they redo the database...

Look into playlists, I made a video on how to use one to add a "HD Movies" item to home - HERE. Same concepts apply to whether you want it to be anime, only shows from NBC, etc...Playlists are very powerful.

That will certainly decrease the WAF...
Has this changed in 10.1, or will all of my Live Action and Anime series still have to be lumped in together?
It hasn't changed, but seriously dude... as they are generally Videos, Audio, and Pictures, you can do this all in skinning. Custom home screen button that goes right to your playlist that grabs only movies tagged as <genre>Anime</genre>

-- What's wrong with this solution?
Quote:That will certainly decrease the WAF

Hardly. With smart playlists on the home menu, I have my kid's movies, my wife's chick flicks and then my stuff - not to mention live concerts and documentaries.

Smart playlists FTW!
(2010-08-12, 21:00)mcborzu Wrote: [ -> ]Yes until they redo the database...

Hi my friend,

Thanks to your tip, you saved my day!!! I searched a lot in internet and with this solution i got my result.

Thanks to you and Happy Christmas.
Regards
@miky_boy

This is what you need... Custom home items (wiki)