Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] Zbox Installation fails, "No common CD-Rom Drive was detected"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hardware: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11, 2gb memory, 30gb SSD installed. 4GB generic USB drive for installation.

I downloaded both the LiveCD 9.11 and the Xbmcfreak Live CDs and put them on my USB disk by formatting the disk first, then putting the ISO on via unetbootin.

I set the boot order so the Zbox will boot off of the USB drive. Start the ZBox, it loads up, and boots off of the USB. I choose "Install to local disk". It gives me the option to choose language (I choose english) and then choose keyboard layout / country (United States), then it gives me an error at the [!!] Detect and mount CD-ROM stage.

It asks me to load CD-ROM drivers from removable media, but it gives an error as well.

Any ideas what would cause this?
I have experienced this exact same problem. Now I am completely stuck. A response from someone would be much appreciated.
Check your bios to see if there's some sort of option to force CD-Rom emulation for the usb drive.