Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arrange Movies regarding their episodes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is a bit difficult for me to translate the thread-title to english. But i explain what I mean Wink

For example:
Batman Begins (1st part)
The Dark Knight (2nd part)

Is it possible to arange the movies, so that I can see them one after the other in my movie list (although it wouldnt be in alphabetical order)?

I know that I could rename them (e.g. Batman 1 + Batman 2) but then I couldnt get the correct movie infos with the scraper.

It would be nice if I could stick (or glue) them together Big Grin
Please check the wiki for movie sets.
I think I have read all relevant parts in the wiki, but couldnt find anything regarding my problem.

I did not even find movie sets. Sad
sylvio2000 Wrote:It is a bit difficult for me to translate the thread-title to english. But i explain what I mean Wink

For example:
Batman Begins (1st part)
The Dark Knight (2nd part)

Is it possible to arange the movies, so that I can see them one after the other in my movie list (although it wouldnt be in alphabetical order)?

I know that I could rename them (e.g. Batman 1 + Batman 2) but then I couldnt get the correct movie infos with the scraper.

It would be nice if I could stick (or glue) them together Big Grin
What I do is put the movie in under it's correct name, then when properly scraped into the database, I go in and highlight the movie in the movies list, press C for the context menu then select edit title. That changes the database name but not the file name. If you lose your info and have to scrape the library again, you'll have to follow the process again to change how it appears in your library. If someone knows a better way, please describe it.
That sounds very good Nod
Do I really have to scrape before I edit? This would mean that the scraper gets it information frame the database name, correct?
The <sorttitle> tag works wonders. It is fairly well documented and will still leave you with the correct title.
GJones Wrote:The <sorttitle> tag works wonders. It is fairly well documented and will still leave you with the correct title.

I have several movie sets I'd like to sort.

I tried it out with Austin powers , had an NFO in each folder for each movie, but when I highlighted the movie set I had no info being displayed, and couldn't figure out how to change the fanart for that movie set, I was able to change the thumbnail image or what ever its called.

how can I make an NFO file for the movie set?

-=Jason=-
Keep in mind that sorttitle and set act independently of one another. Picking the thumbnail for the set has nothing to do with how a movie is sorted by title. In other words, a movie doesn't have to be in a set for sorttitle to work.