Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Storing .nfo, fanart, poster...in movie directory!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys!
I have a large collection of movies (1000+), all of them in Italian. I'm actually using the latest rls of xbmc with a great scraper: everything is working fine,except some movies not found; no problem, I just manage them manually.

The thing is that I have 4 XBMC clients: all the movies are on a NAS, each of them in its own directory.
What I would like to do is to store .nfo, fanart, poster and everything I want to download with the scraper on the NAS, so that if I have to work manually on a movie, I don't have to do it on 4 different clients.

I tried Ember Media Manager: it's really a good program... if the movies are in English. I used the modified "italian" scraper with it, but it's not working very well Sad

So, the question is simple: is there any way by which I can make XBMC store all the metadata of a movie in its own directory from my workstation, so that the other clients can read the right datas? (without scraping them again)
Should be something like this

NAS
-->Movies
---->Matrix
------>Matrix.avi
------>Matrix.nfo
------>Matrix-fanart.jpg
------>Matrix.tbn
---->Shutter.Island
------>Shutter.Island.avi
------>Shutter.Island.nfo
------>Shutter.Island.jpg
------>Shutter.Island.tbn

and so on.

I don't want to use a "media manager", or at least I can't find one that works 100% with non built-in scrapers...(like, unfortunatly, EMM).

Thanks guys, appreciate your help..

melagodo
Did you try to export the video library on your workstation?
(settings > video > export video library > separate)
humferier Wrote:Did you try to export the video library on your workstation?
(settings > video > export video library > separate)

That's great, worked liked a charm and soo easy..Thank you very much!!
And now, how did I tell the clients not to look onto Internet for movies info, but get them locally?

Thanks in advance

melagodo
existence of the local files will make it use the info. just scan as normal.
spiff Wrote:existence of the local files will make it use the info. just scan as normal.

Thanks for the tip Wink

Last question: is there any way to make xbmc to download the trailer? I'm wondering what would happen if the site I'm scraping info off will go outline in the future...
I don't have space problem, since 3x2Tb hard disk are enough Wink

thank you!

melagodo
Ember Media Manager would be your best solution to scrape and save local trailers...Actually Ember would be your best bet if you want total control over how things will be displayed.
mcborzu Wrote:Ember Media Manager would be your best solution to scrape and save local trailers...Actually Ember would be your best bet if you want total control over how things will be displayed.

Unfortunatly Ember is not working with the scraper that I'm using (movieplayer.it)...It just stucks on the same cover for all the movies; the scraper is fully working with XBMC BTW...

melagodo
I have had issues using EMM with trailers. Try MediaCenterMaster. It has been working great for me.