Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Strange behaviour with fixed list and mouse...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Ok, so i'm building a fixed list. I'm finding that the when xbmc is launched in full screen, the list won't work until the mouse is moved.

In windowed mode when xbmc is launched, the list won't work unless the mouse is moved over the xbmc window, then it works fine regardless of where the mouse.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Anyone! Can't figure this one out. Huh
liquidskin76 Wrote:Anyone! Can't figure this one out. Huh

Post your code or something, so people can see if there's something wrong with that. Pastebin the debug log. Give us something to work with. Tongue
Disable the mouse in settings and the issue will go away.

The mouse doesn't like lists, hence why most skins forgo mouse support altogether. This is after all intended as a 10ft theater interface.
Hey Arcanthur,

Disabling mouse didn't work. With it disabled the screen still won't respond to key presses, however this time with no way to bring it to life! It's bizzare!!

Basically, i'm working on the home screen. I have a list of icons setup as a fixedlist. If i set the list height to 720, i can move the mouse to any screen position to bring it life.

If i set the list height to say 400, the key presses won't respond unless the mouse is taken within the 400 height. If it goes straight to a point below the 400, it doesn't work.

Once the mouse is moved and the key presses start to register, then it doesn't matter if the mouse leaves the window. Once it's active, it's fine for the rest of the time xbmc is open.

I'm working off Confluence by the way, creating a home screen from scratch.

Cheers
Ahhh, sorted it! Was missing the...

<defaultcontrol always="true"> </defaultcontrol>

...code in home.xml. Once i set it to the id of the fixed list, all was good. Will change it later to the id of recently added.

Thanks