Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 9.11 Atom-optimized compile problems (Ubuntu 10.04 AMD64)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks,

Background:
Ever since the repos went down I became inspired to try to learn to compile XBMC from source; I've done smaller compiles but nothing of this magnitude.

Anyways I didn't want to use the SVN version because I don't like my daily driver to be on the bleeding edge so I decided to go with the tried and true 9.11 version from sourceforge. It seemed logical, since I was already doing a compile, to optimize it for my machine... that meant cflags for the Atom 330 chip.

What I've Done:
  • clean install of Ubuntu 10.04 amd64 including the repo nvidia drivers for my ion chipset
  • downloaded 9.11 source and proceeded with instructions found HERE (switching the SVN version with version 9.11 that I downloaded).

OUTPUT OF ./bootstrap:
Code:
ugmoe@HomeTheaterPC:~/Downloads/xbmc-9.11$ sudo ./bootstrap
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force
autoreconf: configure.in: tracing
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoheader --force
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Automake
autoreconf: Leaving directory `.'
autoreconf: Entering directory `xbmc/lib/libass'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I shave
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: running: libtoolize --install --copy --force
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
libtoolize: copying file `./config.guess'
libtoolize: copying file `./config.sub'
libtoolize: copying file `./install-sh'
libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `shave'.
libtoolize: copying file `shave/libtool.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `shave/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `shave/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `shave/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `shave/lt~obsolete.m4'
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoheader --force
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing
autoreconf: Leaving directory `xbmc/lib/libass'
Please (re)run configure...

My build script "update.sh" reads as follows:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
FLAGS="-march=atom -ffast-math -fexcess-precision=fast -floop-parallelize-all \
-ftree-parallelize-loops=4 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
export CFLAGS="$FLAGS"
export CXXFLAGS="$FLAGS"
./configure --disable-debug --prefix=/usr --with-cpu=host \
&& make -j2 \
&& sudo checkinstall --pkgname=xbmc --pkgversion=9.11_amd64_atom-optimized -y

" ./configure --disable-debug --prefix=/usr --with-cpu=host " OUTPUT:
Pastebin Located HERE

I notice that the ./configure output says "VDPAU .... NO" in the end of the configuration. I DO want to use the VDPAU for my Nvidia ION chipset. Am I missing a flag to enable VDPAU support?

COMPILATION OUTPUT:
<COMING SOON>

The compile appears to complete (at least it returns to a prompt and doesn't produce any errors) however no executables are produced -- which I'm told is a sign that it truly didn't finish. I am re-doing the compile now to put the output in a pastebin... any suggestions so far?
Hi, not an complete answer...

ugmoe2000 Wrote:./configure --disable-debug --prefix=/usr --with-cpu=host \

--with-cpu=... is not supported from xbmc 9.11

can you provide the file config.log after doing the ./configure... step? this file hopefully indicates why livdpau is not found
openelec.tv Wrote:Hi, not an complete answer...

--with-cpu=... is not supported from xbmc 9.11

can you provide the file config.log after doing the ./configure... step? this file hopefully indicates why livdpau is not found

VDPAU:
I was able to figure out the VDPAU step... I --reinstall 'ed it via aptitude after first updating my video drivers to the nvidia current of 256.44 and that seemed to fix the problem as it now shows up as present and enabled.

"--with-cpu=" Flag:
I noticed it complaining about that... but it seemed to proceed anyways and ignore the unknown flag. I will remove it for the next shot... what is that flag responsible for?

OUTPUT FROM THE MOST RECENT COMPILE ATTEMPT

After the most recent compile attempt I noticed some errors that seem to be consistent across all of the attempts I've made... and that is between lines 2881-2912 where it complains of an undefined reference to GOMP. <-- after a little Googling I found those functions to be a function of the ubuntu package libgomp1 (which is already installed on my system). So I'm still stumped on this one.
ugmoe2000 Wrote:VDPAU:
I was able to figure out the VDPAU step... I --reinstall 'ed it via aptitude after first updating my video drivers to the nvidia current of 256.44 and that seemed to fix the problem as it now shows up as present and enabled.

"--with-cpu=" Flag:
I noticed it complaining about that... but it seemed to proceed anyways and ignore the unknown flag. I will remove it for the next shot... what is that flag responsible for?

OUTPUT FROM THE MOST RECENT COMPILE ATTEMPT

After the most recent compile attempt I noticed some errors that seem to be consistent across all of the attempts I've made... and that is between lines 2881-2912 where it complains of an undefined reference to GOMP. <-- after a little Googling I found those functions to be a function of the ubuntu package libgomp1 (which is already installed on my system). So I'm still stumped on this one.

line 2878 to 2917 is your (first) problem. it seems texturepacker cannot be compiled. if you dont need texturepacker, try to compile with
Code:
make externals
make xbmc.bin
make xbmc-xrandr
and look if xbmc. will be compiled.

after that you must find out what is wrong with texturepacker. regarding to some google searches ("undefined reference to `GOMP_parallel_start'") you can try to add "-fopenmp" to your LDFLAGS
I reinstalled libgomp1 and removed the --with-cpu=host option and attempting another compile... this is the config.log file from that build (which is currently in progress)

Output from config.log
for vdpau ./configure --enable-vdpau + whatever flags, there are easier ways to compile without getting all caught up in all of this but whatever.