Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot update icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Huh

Hello,

I have searched and read for the last 2 hours in the forums to try to find a solution to my issue. I have been unsuccessful and hope posting my issue will give way to a solution.

I am in the process of updating my SQUARE ICONS for game to WIDESCREEN ICONS for games. I have read on several threads and sites and tried the following:

1 - Refresh the database by deleting the 'UserData\thumbnails' folder in XBMC.

2 - Place the widescreen icon file in the game folder and rename to 'default.tbn'
NOTE: I've tried multiple tries with 'folder.jpg', 'icon.jpg' and 'default.jpg'

None of the above have worked for me. I don't understand why others are not having this issue. Which makes me thing what I am doing wrong!

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Try deleting your textures.db
Hitcher Wrote:Try deleting your textures.db

Thanks for the quick response Hitcher. Sorry I am not very versed on the ins and outs of XBMC. Can you tell me where I can find this file?

Thanks
Windows 7 it's:

Quote:C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database
mcborzu Wrote:Windows 7 it's:

Ahhh, I appologize. I should note, this is in regards to using XBMC on my Xbox (original).
Off top of my head I'm thing U: but not sure. But concept is the same- gotta locate your userdata\Database folder.

The guys over at xbmc4xbox.com can give you the exact answer....